Chapter 26.

I rode my golf cart to Derek's. I needed to talk to someone. I got out, and walked in. He jumped down, from I don't even know what. I screamed. He laughed. "I know why you're here." I felt my eyes start to water. "I just wanted away. I just needed to clear my head." He put down the rope. "I understand." I looked at him. "You do?" He motioned for me to sit down. I did. "I do. You feel worthless. Like they never loved you. Like you're only in the way. Sure. It's all lovey dovey the first month or 3. Then.. Something changes. You got comfy and suddenly they don't care. You're stuck putting in both ends." I was trying not to cry. He looked up. "But I.. I uh, I do know one thing." I looked over. "What's that?" He looked at me. "Isaac.. He really does love you. He might not show it as much as he should. But he does." I smiled. "Thanks Derek. But Stiles has called me 7 times in the past 20 minutes. I think I'm gonna head home." He laughed and I left. I went home and walked through the back door. Stiles was pacing back and forth. I dropped my keys and Stiles turned around. "Oh my god. We thought something happened to you." I let out a crooked half smile. I put my keys on my neck, and sat down. I was thinking about what Stiles said. " 'we' thought something happened to you." We as in Isaac too? Scott heard my thought and texted me. "See. You still love him." He was correct. Isaac was standing in the kitchen looking out the window. He turned around. He had been crying as well. He looked at me. That awkward eye contact. I walked upstairs and sat down on my bed. I turned on "Music Choice" on my tv. Of course, they were playing sad songs. Someone knocked on my door. I got up to see who it was. It was Isaac.. I tried to shut my door, but he put his foot in the way. "Please, talk to me." I never said anything. I looked at my floor. "Okay then. I'll talk, and you listen." I opened the door. "You see. That's the problem Isaac. I don't wanna listen. I'm done for a while." He looked at me. I looked down to see if his foot was still there. It wasn't. I closed my door really quick and locked it. I walked back over to my bed, and laid down and covered up. I started crying. I was miserable. Maybe I did need Isaac. But I did need some space. I cried myself to sleep. Go figure. I was woken up by a knock on the door. "Who is it?" I asked. "Your dad." It was dad! I opened the door. I was happy. My daddy was home. I hugged him. He looked at me. "Heard you've have a rough couple of days kid." I smiled. "You have no idea." He looked at the wall. "You're my daughter. I'm not really sure what to say in girl scenarios. But everything will work out in the end, and whatever happens, just remember. It happens for the best." I smiled and hugged him. "Thanks dad." He sighed. "Listen. I only came home because I wanted to make sure you were okay. But I have to go back and I'm sorry. But hey. The next time I'm off, you best believe. You, Stiles, & I are doing something." I smiled. "It's okay dad. I understand." He smiled. "Love ya kiddo." I laughed. "Love you too dad." He walked downstairs. I laid back down in my bed, and started to cry again. I miss Isaac. I miss my dad. I miss my old life. I miss the old me. I miss the happy me. I fell back asleep. Why was this becoming a daily routine for me now? I was woken up by my phone ringing. "You're shakin that money maker like a heart breaker, like ya college major was twistin, & tearin up Friday nights love the way your wearin those jeans so tight." It was my ringtone. Stiles was calling me. "Hello." He gasped. "You answered. But come downstairs. You're all cooped up. You need interaction." I walked downstairs. It was 9:37. Isaac looked up at me. Awkward eye contact. I walked in the kitchen. Stiles walked in there. "Waya doin?" I looked at him. "Making noodles." Stiles jumped. "Let me help." I pushed his hand away. "You're seriously the best brother, but I'm broken. I'm not helpless." He laughed. "Okay, you're right." And he walked back in the living room. Lydia walked in there. Makayla and Scott were asleep. Lydia walked in there. "Sweetie. How ya holdin up?" I looked up at her. "I've been better." She done her crooked smile. "I'm sorry sweet girl. But it will get better. Just give it time." I smiled. "Thanks, Lydia." I was fixing noodles & singing. "You're shakin that money maker, like a heartbreaker, like ya college major." I was cut off by Isaac texting me. Ignore.

I went and sat down, beside Stiles. Lydia was asleep. & Scott had woken up. Makayla was still asleep. I sat there eating my noodles, sitting in an awkward silence. I turned on Netflix. I started watching Hannah Montana. "Oh god. Really Morgan?" Stiles said. I shook my head yeah. Makayla woke up, and looked at the tv. "Oh god. Really?" I finished my noodles and walked them to the kitchen. I laid down, and covered up. Stiles was playing with my hair. Best brother award for sure. I looked over at Isaac and he had his face buried in his knees. Was I starting to take pitty?