irl 1.4

A/N: Okay this part I've included my own twist. So when Bates kissed Caitlin as Barry, right after he took her hostage and tortured her until she gave him information about The Flash. And no one ever found out bc Bates replaced her until he got the information he needed. He continued to replace her until she fully recovered after she did so it didn't look suspicious.

SNOW

After Barry had gotten back from his little mission, he left once more. Leaving me alone at STAR Labs since everyone else left.

Hours later, a strong wind blew in and I could hear footsteps behind me.

"Hey, Cait." Barry says and stands next to me, watching me work. "Hi, Barry." I say to him and kept my eyes glued to my papers.

He continues to stand there for another few minutes, awkwardly. "Where were we earlier?" He asks and grabs my arm, turning me around to face him. "Well." I say and stretch the last syllable thinking of something to say that wasn't about my feelings.

"Caitlin? What is it?" Barry asks and looks into my eyes. I look down to hide my blushing. "Cait?" He says again.

I laugh awkwardly, "Remember Hannibal Bates, Barry?" He looked at me strangely, "Yeah? What'd he do to you?" His voice grew with worry.

"I'm fine, Barry. He just. Well I guess he maybe. Wait, never mind what I said." I begin but continue to change my mind. "Caitlin, you can tell me."

I look up at him. His eyes were glittering with worry and concern for me. "I didn't tell anyone, Barry. But he-he." My voice chokes and tears run down. The traumatizing experience I had never left me. But Barry didn't say anything, he just pulled me into a hug and let me cry, pulling me closer every once in awhile.

After crying, I built the courage to tell him. "He kissed me." Was all I could say. "Oh, did he kiss you as Ronnie?" He asks and tried to hide is anger.

"No. He didn't," I paused, "it was you." He looks surprised. "I kissed back." I mumble and he looks straight at me. "And why was that, Caitlin?" He questions.

I quickly change the subject, "Then he tortured me." His small smile disappeared and he was worried and upset again. "Cait, I should've been there for you. I'm sorry."

"There was nothing you could've done, Barry. It's over. I'm still here." I watch him turn to me. "And I'm still here for you, Caitlin."

ALLEN

Looking at Caitlin, I was so tempted to kiss her. But after someone kissed her as me, I lost the courage.

The two of us stood there, taking in each other's presence and looking into each other's eyes. Hers were beautiful. I could stare at them for hours and never get bored of them.

"Barry?" She asks me and we're both instantly out of our trances on one another. "Yeah?" I reply to her.

"You love Iris, right?" She tells me and her eyes glisten against the soft light in her lab. "Of course I do but-" I manage to get out before she interrupts me.

"Did you ask her out yet?" Caitlin asks me and smiles but her eyes have a different meaning in them. "No. But-" I begin and get cut off once again.

"Oh. But you were saying?" She says and sits in her chair, widening the space between us. "I was going to say that I love Iris as a best friend. Someone else has caught my heart."

Her face perks up for a split second and then goes back to her casual facial expression. Underneath her expression, I can tell she's disappointed. "And who might this person be?" She asks and goes back to face her desk, working again. "Well, for starters. She's amazing, beautiful, smart. The list could go on." I volley back and watch her huff and hide her face from me.

"You okay, Cait?" I ask her as I gently put my hand on her back. "I'm fine. It's nothing." Caitlin says and starts to clean up and leave. I hear small sniffs hear and there.

"Are you going home?" I ask and she nods her head. I walk up to her and lift her into my arms. And before she could even process what was happening, we were already in her apartment.

"Thank you, Barry." I hear her say. I turn to see her smiling at me. "You're quite welcome, Ms. Caitlin Snow Allen." I tell her but mumble the Allen part to myself.

"What was that?" She asks me. "Oh it was nothing. Just talking to myself." I laugh awkwardly.

"Well then, you have a nice night, Barry. Good night!" She tells me and I leave her house.

Right as I close the door, I hear crying. She was crying. Not crying, sobbing. I couldn't help but open her door again and walk right in.