irl 3.9

NINE MONTHS LATER

SNOW

I woke up one morning and turned around to face Barry, who was still asleep. I sat up, careful to not wake him up, and grabbed my phone off my nightstand.

Checking my notifications, I saw missed calls from Iris and Felicity.

As I read a text that I just received a few seconds ago, my eyes widen and I rushed to my closet to grab an outfit.

"Cait?" I heard Barry groan from the bed.

He sat up and watched me change from our messy bed.

"Friend family duties. Iris is in the hospital." I told him as I struggled to pull on my jeans.

As Barry continued to sit in bed, I struggled to brush my hair as quickly as I could and put on some light makeup.

"I gotta go, babe." I told him and gave him a quick kiss and ran to the car.

When I arrived to the hospital, Felicity stood at the entrance and rushed me inside.

Felicity and I both decided that we'd both hold Iris' hand as she gave birth, but we both knew it wouldn't be happening for awhile.

After an hour or two of waiting, I walked into the hall anxiously waiting.

"Hey, Cait!" I heard someone call out from behind me.

I turn around and see Barry walking up to me holding a bag of Big Belly Burger.

"Oh thank goodness. You brought food!" I exclaimed and ran towards Barry and snatching the bag from him.

"Yeah, I know how stressed you can get so you start stress eat. So, I brought your favorite stress foods from Big Belly Burger." Barry said with a smirk.

"I love you so much. Thank you, Barry." I said with a laugh and leaned in closer to kiss him.

Barry smiled, "I love you too, Cait."

We sat down outside of Iris' room and I started to eat. Once I finished, Felicity came running out and shouting at me.

"Caitlin! Caitlin! Hurry, it's happening!" Felicity shouted and dragged me into the room.

I told Barry to stay where he was and to wait. But most importantly, not to touch my stress food.

Felicity and I sat at both sides of Iris' bed and held her hand tightly.

"You're gonna be okay, Iris." I told her as she groaned out in pain.

After what seemed like years, Iris was finally relaxed and asleep and I finally walked back out into the hall to find Barry.

It was already night outside and Barry was asleep on the mini couch.

I smiled and sat down next to him. Just before he started to stir, I drifted off to sleep from how tiring it was to support Iris when she gave birth.

Barely half asleep, I felt Barry wake up next to me and pull my head into his lap, so I could sleep more comfortably.

Waking up from the movements I looked up at Barry, "Thanks."

He chuckled, "Just sleep. You rarely had any sleep last night."

"Yeah, because of you." I laughed before I went back to sleep.

A/N: This probably sucks. But if you have an instagram, feel free to give me a follow @/caitlinfrcsty. AND PLEASE DM AU REQUESTS ON MY INSTAGRAM IM DESPERATE FOR MY NEXT THEME!