irl 2.9

SNOW

I woke up the next morning to the movie Cyberbully playing and Iris and Felicity still asleep. Iris sleeping on Felicity's shoulder, still with a tear stained face, and Felicity sleeping on her head.

With my two best friends sound asleep, I decided to get up and make a simple breakfast. Pancakes and toast. Nothing too fancy because the both of them could wake up at any moment. But I didn't want them to, I liked the sound of no one talking, except for in the movie.

I was setting the table, when I heard a knock on the door. Finishing up quickly, I answered the door to see Barry.

"Barry? What are you doing here?" I say barely a whisper.

I see him glance over to my couch and then back at me, "Just wanted to see you."

I smile and we stand there just looking at each other. After moments of staring into his eyes, I hear the toaster ding and I welcome Barry into my apartment. He starts to help set up the food for Felicity, Iris, and I.

Barry puts the plates of toast and pancakes on the table and fills a small pitcher with orange juice and another with milk. He also puts some butter onto small little cups and syrup in a nice small version of a pitcher. It was nice and cute to watch Barry help set up.

As soon as someone began to stir on the couch, Barry looked at me, "I'll see you later, Cait."

I simply nod and give him a loving smile as we shared a small peck on the lips and he sped out of my apartment.

"Good morning, Caity." Felicity yawned and walked over to the table.

"Had a nice sleep?" I asked her and she smiled in response.

Next to wake up was Iris. She trudged to the table and sat down with a huff. Yet this huff wasn't the type of one you make when you're annoyed. This one was the sad one. And my least favorite type of huff.

"Iris, you'll get through this. Take you mind off of it and join Felicity and I at the bar tonight." I tell her, hoping she'd agree and let loose and be happy for a night.

While Iris and Felicity finished up their breakfast, I went off to get ready for the day. But to also let Barry know that we'd be going to the bar tonight. So, we were in need of someone who couldn't get drunk. Also known as, Barry Allen. But it could also be Kara Danvers, but she's not on this Earth.

After texting him the "deets" and getting ready, I walk back out into my living room to see Iris and Felicity already gone and a note on my table. It read:

Caity Cat,
Thanks for last night. I really appreciated what you did to lift my spirit. Love ya!❤️
xoxo, Iris West

I smiled softly knowing that one of my many good deeds had helped someone, especially if it was the Iris West.

Putting the note back on the table, I grabbed my coat and purse from my coat hanger and left. Making my way to STAR Labs for the day before I had fun with my closest friends.

And boyfriend.