four.

It’s 6:30pm and Luke will pick me up in hour and a half.  ‘Wear something nice.’ his voice echoed in my head as I looked down at my bed where I neatly packed the outfit I picked for tonight. I don’t feel like wearing a dress, so I decided to go with the pair of black leggings and a baggy shirt with ‘ Très jolie’ written on it. I really didn’t want to go to this party. I have no idea why I agreed to go anyway?  I don’t even know Luke that well and I agree to go to the party with him. Speaking of knowing Luke, what exactly did I know about Luke? I knew that his favorite bands were All Time Low and Green Day which are also my favorites. I knew  that his favorite John Green book was ‘An abundance of Katherines’ he mentioned that in English once when we were talking about modern writers he also added that ‘he would be honored to date a Katherine’ which made my cheeks flush like crazy. I knew that he watched ‘Mean Girls’. I knew that he was in some sort of punk-rock-pop-whatever band with Calum, Michael and Ashton, I didn’t bother to remember the name of the band though but apparently they are working on their first EP. I knew that he’s a player and that he breaks girl’s hearts, but  I also know that the least relationship he had was 2 months ago and it was with this girl named Brooke, well at least that’s what Robyn told me.  And lastly I knew that he has like superpowers so he can make people do whatever he wants just by saying one sentence.  The worst part was that he always ended up getting what he wants, he literally had everyone wrapped around his long Australian finger, and as much as it irritated me, here I was, getting ready for the party that he has made me go to.

‘’Katherine?’’ A soft knock on the door followed the voice.

I sighed and opened the door just to find shirtless Karter.

‘’Hey.’’ I motioned him to come into the room.  He slowly walked in and closed the door behind him. He had 2 black shirts in his hand.

‘’Which one should I wear?’’ he spread the shirts on my bed. One of them was a Blink-182 shirt and the other one was a Kiss shirt.  I loved Kiss so I pointed to that one and he nodded and pulled in on.

‘’Where are you going?’’

‘’To the party.’’ Right now I’m just praying that we won’t go to the same party because there are things that I can’t stand and drunk Karter is on the whole other level. ‘’Where are you going?’’ he added pointing to my outfit that rested next to his Blink-182 shirt.

‘’To the party.’’ I repeated his words and he raised his eyebrow at me. He knows me well enough to know that I don’t do parties.

‘’Are you going to Ashton’s party?’’

‘’I have no idea to be honest.’’ Luke never told me whose party it was  but I assume it was Ashton’s. They are friends after all.

‘’Who’s taking you?’’  He narrowed his eyes. His protective side was coming out and even though he said only 3 words I’m already annoyed by him.

‘’Luke.’’  His mouth formed an ‘o’

‘’Be careful Katherine.’’ Of course he would say that. Why can’t he understand that I’m mature enough to take care of myself.  I don’t need him to remind me to be careful every time I decide to do something fun for the change.  

‘’Whatever.’’ I said and he just gave me an innocent look and shook his head. Wonderful.

After a few minutes of awkward silence, Karter left and it was almost 8 now. I already finished my hair, dressed up, applied fair amount of make up. I’m waiting for Luke to pick me up in my living room.  Michael and his girlfriend, I think her name is Destiny or something , picked Karter and Kyle up about 45 minutes ago and mom was at work so I was alone. I looked over to the clock. 8:13. He’s late. Or maybe he stood me up? He wouldn’t do that, wouldn’t he? I was about to have a little panic attack when the loud door bell pulled me away.  I waited a few minutes before answering the door, because I didn’t want to look too excited or something.