fourteen.

It’s 4:58 pm and I’m staring at my reflection in full length mirror on my bedroom wall.  My hair was straight as an arrow. I never thought it could be this straight. But apparently Robyn’s hair iron thought otherwise. Speaking of Robyn, she left exactly 13 minutes ago, leaving me all alone to deal with my pre-date anxiety.   The day wasn’t as bad as I planned though.  I only had about 3 minor panic attacks. Like when I couldn’t find my light denim shorts, or when I found out that Kyle spilled tomato sauce on my Green Day tank top and when I thought I ran out of eyeliner. Anyhow, I settled on light denim shorts, which I found after all, and an Arctic Monkeys tank top.  I’m also satisfied with the way my eyeliner , which I haven’t run out of, turned out. According to Robyn, it was so sharp it could cut diamonds.

As soon as the hands on my Hello Kitty clock showed 5pm, the doorbell rang and my heart stopped. I quickly slipped into my black converse and fixed my hair once again before sliding down the stairs, to the front door.  Of course, I didn’t want to open the doors too quickly, it would make me look overly excited. Which I was. So I waited for a few more minutes, trying to calm myself down as much as I can, before I slowly opened the door. I was greeted by his grinning face. He has his hair in a quiff, as usual, and he has his All Time Low tank top but it’s covered with a blue flannel.  I would be lying if I said that he didn’t look absolutely adorable and extremely fuckable at the same time. His eyes were matching his flannel and the realization of that made me weak at keens.  The date hasn’t even started yet and I was already drooling.  Wonderful.

‘’Katherine, your hair is straight.’’ He said matter-of-factly as he leaned down and quickly kissed my cheek.

‘’Geez, thanks Captain Obvious. ‘’ I chuckled but then I the sudden realization that he might not like my hair hit me so hard that my face automatically turned into a frown. ‘’Wait, you don’t like my hair?’’

‘’No, no, not at all. I mean yes! I…’’He tripped on his words so he just let out a deep sigh in annoyance. ‘’You look fucking beautiful. And your hair is perfect. It’s just straight. Which is strange. Not bad strange though. Like good strange. I like it. ‘’ He blabbed out and I  just laughed at his dumb awkwardness. He took my hand and led me to his already familiar car. As I expected, he opened the doors for me and let me slid into the passenger seat before shutting it close again.

‘’So, where are you taking me Mr. Hemmings?’’ He started the engine and turned the radio on.  The 1975 was blasting through speakers and a small smile appeared on my face.  Matty Healy’s voice was pure sex and I’m pretty sure if you listen to it long enough, you can have a legit orgasm.

‘’Sorry love, can’t tell you till we get there.’’ I pout my lips in his direction, hoping that he would at least give me some sort of a hint.

‘’Katherine, stop. Your cuteness is not working one me.’’

‘’Are you saying that I’m not cute?’’

‘’No, I’m saying that your cuteness doesn’t effect me anymore. I’m immune.’’

‘’Well now you’re just being rude.’’ I teased and watched him as he laughed at my idiotic statement.

‘’I’m sincerely sorry for my behavior Miss, it won’t happen again. Are you able to forgive me?’’

‘’Hmm, you’ll have to ask me when the date finishes. ‘’ His eyes were focused on the road but he smirked anyway.

‘’I guess I’ll have to prove myself to you, hm?’’ He stopped the car at the huge parking and as much as wanted to look around and see where we are, I kept myself calm.  He can’t see how excited I am. I didn’t even bother to open the doors by myself, because he already opened them for me.