Morgue (InBin) V.2

Requested by @Exo-Byun

Inseong sat at his desk in the autopsy room, shuffling through papers. He sighed deeply, and ran a hand through his disheveled auburn hair.

He had been looking over reports for hours, making sure that he didn't screw anything up.

There was a knock on the glass sliding doors of the room. "We've got one, Doctor Kim," a tall man named Jaeyoon said. He walked in, pushing a metal gurney in front of him. Another bloody, bruised, and cut up body lay on the white sheet, just like the ones that Inseong saw every day.

"What's the situation this time?" Inseong asked, honestly bored.

"Well, he was murdered, obviously. He was found in the middle of the street, almost got run over by a couple of cars before someone called in and reported it. We just need you to confirm his cause of death. And if you find anything odd, just call Detective Baek," Jaeyoon explained, his eyebrows slightly crinkled in thought as he went through his mental checklist.

Inseong nodded while he pushed the body onto the metal table in the middle of the room. "Thanks, Jaeyoon, I appreciate it," Inseong thanked him.

"No problem, Doctor. See you around," Jaeyoon saluted Inseong with two fingers. Inseong smiled lightly at him, shaking his head. "Silly kid," he muttered.

Inseong walked around the room, gathering up all the tools he'd need to start the autopsy. Scalpels, stitches, etc. etc.

He put everything in a small, sterile metal tub, and carried it over to the autopsy table. He positioned the overhead light where he needed it, and got started.

He slipped on a pair of latex gloves, and sterilized the first scalpel. He slowly lowered the scalpel down to right below the dead man's sternum. He halted for a moment.

He had caught sight of the young man's face.

He had a long, narrow face, but it was handsome. His blue-black hair went perfectly with the pale, lucid complexion of a dead person.

Inseong wondered what his name was. He looked to only be maybe 24 or 25 years old. It was tragic, really, that someone so young and in their prime was involved in an accident like that.

Inseong looked at him with pity in his eyes. This guy was the same age as him, maybe younger.

He sighed, setting his scalpel back into position. He pressed on the skin lightly, drawing blood.

Inseong began to drag the knife down his abdomen in order to make a long vertical cut.

And suddenly, Inseong heard a loud gasp.

The body on the table shot into a sitting position, its eyes wildly darting around. Inseong scrambled backwards at the movement of the body. What was happening?

To say Inseong was surprised was an understatement. He was a doctor who dealt with dead things.

He didn't exactly specialize in living beings.

"Fuck, fuck, what's going on?" The supposedly dead man shuddered, his body shaking violently. The cut in the male's abdomen oozed sludgy, dark red blood. It was hardly even a liquid.

Inseong dashed over to him, and gently put a hand on his naked chest. "Shh...It's okay, just lay back down, I need to stitch you back up," Inseong said, rubbing his other hand soothingly on the male's back.

The male's eyelids fluttered as he turned his head to look at Inseong. "Why am I not dead?" He whispered, a pained expression painting his features.