Hidden Reciprocation (MinSung)

requested by Hammyjisung (I noticed u moved accs, so I tagged ur new one so you'd see this!! enjoy!!)

Jisung glanced at his best friend, who was lounging on the couch of the karaoke booth. Minho had a bright smile on his face, eyes scrunched in happiness as he watched their other friends scream into the microphones.

He could never get enough of that beautiful smile.

It was a mystery, how it happened. How Jisung fell in love with Minho.

It was inexplicably sudden. There was a moment when they were talking, and Jisung felt something bloom inside him when he looked at Minho. When he looked at him, Jisung desperately wanted to kiss Minho and hold him tight. And he wanted Minho to do the same to him.

Jisung didn't know what triggered it, but from that point on, he reveled in Minho's smile and his laugh, and how goddamn gorgeous he was. He was filled with thoughts of only one boy and no matter how desperately he wanted to think of Minho as only his best friend, he couldn't.

He kept the feelings trapped inside, admiring from a distance. The thought of rejection was too present in his head for him to even consider confessing his feelings. And truthfully, it was tearing him apart.

His inability to confess and the fear that accompanied it—the fear of losing the person that mattered most to him—kept him sad and quiet these days. Despite that, he still tried to maintain normality and remain talkative with Minho. But the silence between them when they were alone was deafening and Jisung didn't know why it was there in the first place. He wanted to talk to Minho more, not less, but Minho never responded like he used to.

Nothing had happened between them (besides, of course, Jisung falling in love with Minho; but Minho was unaware of that), so Jisung was confused. Why wasn't Minho talking to him?

Jisung shook his head, not really wanting to think about it anymore.

He snuck another look at Minho, only to find that Minho was looking right at him too. He smiled at Minho, trying to be as bright as he could muster. He didn't want him to think that he was down and sad. Minho returned it, lacking a little brightness, but it was a smile nonetheless.

Now Jisung was determined to figure out what was wrong by the end of this night. It was clear that Minho had a problem with Jisung, and while Jisung didn't know what or why, it broke his heart a little. He'd catch Minho on their way home. He had to.

"Jisung! It's your turn to sing!" Felix yelled, bouncing up and down on his toes in excitement. He waved the mic in Jisung's face, a giant grin on his face. Jisung took it easily, giving him a soft smile.

"Alright, Felix. Just you wait, I'm going to beat Woojin's high score easily. He stood up and went to find a song to sing. He was feeling sad recently, maybe he'd do a sad song.

He settled on something sort of sad, but not too sad. Depressing stuff wasn't ideal for a fun night out with friends.

Eyelids fluttered shut, Jisung opened his mouth and began singing. Despite being a part of a rap trio in his free time, Jisung was a marvelous singer. He prided himself on it, just a little.

He noticed the quietude of his friends in the background when he finished the song. Tears threatened to slip out of his eyes, his heart aching because of the song. It reminded him so much of Minho, the boy that was sitting right behind him that he couldn't be with. But Jisung shook his head and made sure the tears were gone before turning around and handing the mic to Minho.