Your Voice (DaeUp)

It had been a year.

A year since Daehyun began to notice.

He tried every method he could find.

But nothing helped.

Nothing.

Maybe it was because he wasn't trying hard enough to fix it. Or maybe it was because he had pushed to hard, too far.

Daehyun's voice was dying.

And nobody noticed, but Daehyun felt like he was too.

- - -

"Let's go boys!" Their manager's voice sounded from the living room.

Daehyun's eyes snapped open and he groaned in annoyance. He wanted to sleep longer. He turned on his side and pulled the warm blankets back up to his chin, snuggling in.

"Dae, Dae, Dae, we gotta get ready!" Daehyun's sleep was once again halted as someone shook him awake.

Daehyun sat up and opened his eyes, an annoyed look plastered on his face. He looked at who was shaking him and the frown melted off his face.

"Ah, my moon angel, here to brighten my morning!" Daehyun smiled and pulled Jongup down into the blankets with him.

"Daehyun~ we've gotta get up! We'll be late," Jongup whined, hitting Daehyun on the forehead.

"Ow! Why'd you hit me?" Daehyun grumbled, pouting.

"Because you're being slow and stubborn! Seriously, we'll get yelled at if we're late again," Jongup said, getting off the bed and crossing his arms. Daehyun sighed and got up too.

He walked up behind the upset Jongup and snaked his arms around his waist, chin on his shoulder.

"Awe, I'm sorry, angel, I'm up now, I'm up."

"Good, otherwise I'd have to beat your ass," Jongup said grumpily, prying Daehyun's arms off of him.

"Get dressed!" He called as he walked out of Daehyun's room.

Daehyun kept his smile on his face for a few seconds before letting it fall. He blinked harshly, trying to dispel the sudden dread in his heart.

He had to sing again today, but he didn't know if he could. He was so surprised the others hadn't noticed there was something wrong with him yet. To his ears, he sounded horrible and there was no way his voice was going unnoticed.

Daehyun wanted to quit; he didn't want to be humiliated in front of all his fans. But he also didn't want to disappoint them by suddenly leaving the group. He was so torn.

Daehyun finished getting dressed and sighed heavily, sliding his feet into his shoes.

He'd just do his best.

- - -

"Next is Body & Soul! Babyz, are you ready for our sweet serenade?" Himchan said into the mic. The screams of their Babyz echoed in Daehyun's ears.

"Okay, let's do it," Youngjae said, smiling widely.

Daehyun nodded at him, trying not to let his smile crack. Body & Soul was hard. The notes...they were too high for Daehyun right now.