Chapter 11

James POV
I'm really worried about Riles because her and Kate are talking for quite a while now. As both come out I notice that Riles still looks dreamy at me, so I went to her and ask

"is everything ok?"

"Yeah of course." She says and looks me deep in the eyes. She walks closer to me and we both lean in but Kate interrupts us and says that practice begins.

We start to dance and practiced for a long time until it was late and we went home.

Riley's POV
I think it's cute how worried he is about me. Since James said that I should listen to my heart I think of him different. I always thought that he is just a stupid player but he is probably one of the sweetest caring guys I know.

After Kate and I talked about my strange behaviour James and I almost kissed but Kate interrupted us.

We practiced really hard and that's why I instantly fell asleep as I was home. But I had a strange dream.

James and I are on a date right now. He asks me if we could dance and I agree.

We are dancing to a beautiful song called 'We go'. At the end of the song we both lean in. Our lips touch and it feels like magic. It's a sweet passionate kiss. Our lips move in sinc and my arms are around his neck while his are on my hips. After three minutes that felt like 10 we break away from the kiss.

As I look at James I notice that I hadn't kiss James, it was Alfie. He looks at me and holds me in his arms. I push him off and run away...

Suddenly Emily storms in my room.
"What happened? I heard your cries." She says worried.

"I had a nightmare..." I say and explain her the whole story.

"I think I know why you were dreaming this. Maybe you think you like James but you don't because he reminds you of Alfie." She suggests.

"No Em. I like James. The first time I saw James I hated him but when I'm seeing him now my heart is beating so fast. The only time I thought of Alfie again was today when James called me Riles." I explained her.

"Riley do you want to be with James?" Em asks me.

"I don't want to be in a relationship!" I say honest but I'm not sure.

"You can't like a person and ignore it." Em says.

"I don't know what to do. What should I do Em?" I ask desperate.

"Listen to your heart." She says and walks out of my room to go back to sleep.

'Listen to your heart' that was the only thing I was thinking when I was sleeping, but now I know what to do.

James POV
In the next morning I went to the shower and ate breakfast with my three crazy sisters before I went to school. In school Riles greets me.

"We need to talk! I think I was mean to you and that's why I want to apologize to you. How about a restart? Hi I'm Riley aka Queen B." She says.

Wow I didn't see that coming but I play along.

"Hi I'm James. Friends?"

I ask and hope that she says 'yes'. As an answer she hugs me. Friends can hug right?

In the math lesson we talked a lot because it was boring. I found out things about Riles that I still can't believe. Did you know that she is afraid of chickens? Me neither.

The plan that the boys and I did is useless. Friends is good too although I want more. I want to be that guy who can kiss her, cuddle her or hold her thight when she is afraid of something.

"James! Didn't you hear? We have break." Riley says.

"Oh sorry I was dreaming about..." I say but couldn't finish because she drags me to the cafeteria.

Michelle's POV
I see how James and Riley come to the cafeteria and surprisingly they are getting along well.

"Look how cute they are together. They would be a cute couple." I say and the girls agree.

Then Riley comes and we change the topic fast.

After school we drove to dance.

James POV
After practice I instantly go to my room. Tomorrow will be the worst day ever. My ex girlfriend Beth from my old school is going to go to our school.

You probably wonder what is so bad. The problem is that she still isn't over me. She thinks that we are still a thing and that I love her. But I never did.

I know that she will probably ruin all my chance with Riley and that's why she needs to stay away from Riles.

The next morning I did what I do every morning brush my teeth,shower,get dressed and eat breakfast. And then I drive to school where Beth will be. This is going to be a disaster.

The Next chapter will come next Friday. Tell me in the comments what you think about this book. Critics are good too because then I can know what I need to do better. Have a good weekend 👍👋