Leaders Spar

~ROBINS POV~

Their training ‘room’ was the size of six gyms put together. Call me crazy, but I’m pretty sure its too big to be called a room.

I looked at the big group in the middle. They were all wearing black ninja suits like Venus, but they had their masks down. We could clearly see their faces.

“There you are,” the girl in the front said. “I was starting to get worried about you, Venus.”

Venus laughed. “Worried about me?” she asked. “Yea right.”

The girl shrugged. “Your gonna have to wait a sec,” she said and turned back to the others. “See these things?” she asked, showing something that looked like one of those snappers you got around the Fourth of July. “These are Ninja Snappers. Like the adult snappers but ten times as powerful. And they release smoke. Drop one of these when your cornered, and your enemy will be so confused that you can easily slip away. But they’re just as dangerous to you as they are to them. Which is one of the reasons why you have masks. It’s just like a gas mask,” she said.

Venus sighed. “That’s like the least important thing though. They keep you identity a secret when your out on the field,” she said.

“Hey, Venus, are you teaching the class, or am I?” the girl said.

Venus laughed. “Sorry coach.”

We waited five minutes for the ninjas to finish their training. Finally, Venus introduced.

“Titans, this is Coach. We all have code names so don’t ask for a real one. Rookies, these are the Teen Titans, I believe you already know them by name. They, are going to be showing us some examples,” she said. “You guys just train or do whatever. Act like we aren’t here,” she told us.

So we did. We just trained like we would any day, us doing hand-to-hand combat and things like that. After about half an hour, Coach stopped us by suggesting something.

“How about the two leaders go head to head?” she asked with a smirk looking at me and Venus.

Venus raised an eyebrow. “You know that’s not fair,” she said.

“Scared?” I asked.

She glared.

“Aw, come on, Venus!” Flame called from the back of the room. I hadn’t realized he was there. “I bet ten bucks she can kick your butt, pretty boy,” he said to me. I glared at him.

“No way!” one of the ninjas on the floor said. “Robins been in more fights, he’s more experienced.”

Flame laughed. “Looks like it’s a competition now,”he said. “You gotta spar.”

Venus laughed. “It wouldn’t hurt... you up for it?” she asked me.

I nodded. “Your going down,” I told her.

She might’ve smiled. I couldn’t tell because of her mask.

We got ready on the mat. Coach blew the whistle. Venus made the first move, throwing a kick to my chest, but I grabbed her foot. I pushed it back, and she lost her balance, falling to the floor. She spun, swinging her foot around to trip me. I jumped over her foot, and she quickly jumped up. Her eyes narrowed.. I feinted left, and kicked with my left foot. She ducked, just missing my foot by an inch. We kept dodging each others attacks, and I was getting frustrated. I could tell Venus was too. Finally I kicked her, and she fell to the ground. She did a flip and landed back on her feet.

“Venus!” Cat shouted.

Without bothering to look, she said, “Not now Cat! I’m busy!”

I got her in a choke hold from behind, and I felt her tense. She grabbed my arms like she was about to flip me.

“Venus! Now! It’s the Director!” Cat shouted.

Venus froze. “Let go,” she said, and I did. We were both out of breath.

“Wait, wait, wait... Who won?” Flame asked.

Venus laughed, still panting. She looked at me. “It’s a draw for now. We’ll have to spar again some time,” she said and followed Cat out of the door.