Chapter 2: Bighead and Loudmouth

Mike

Amber? Ashley? Ashton?

Who cares, that girl was going to regret it.

Everything that she had done was her fault, and there was nothing that she could do to justify it. What did I ever do to deserve all this?

The back of my head pulsed dull shots of pain, and if I looked in the mirror right now, I wouldn't be surprised to find the dial of the locker imprinted on my forehead. The punch wasn't enough to give me a black eye, but it stung like crazy.

For a girl, she had an admirable form to her punch, but that was all she would ever get from me. If she was to get any more compliments, it would be a bunch of unkind words.

"Are you okay, Mike?" asked a girl, who swept away my hair to inspect the wound.

My eyes widened as I took a glance around me, noticing that I had allowed myself to be surrounded by a flurry of over obsessed fan girls. What had I done?

Just a few moments ago, I had a girl in my arms, but now a bunch of them had me in theirs.

Pushing them away, I backed up into the hall and edged up a crooked smile.

If there was one thing that I had learned, it was to not show fear. They could smell it from a mile away, and if you didn't get out quick, they would start cutting snippets out of your hair for keepsakes. It happened to me once before, and I still might have that bald spot from last year.

This was like a zombie apocalypse. They were everywhere, and I couldn't get away from them. Swirling myself out from a pair of ensuing arms, I backed into the hall and regained my composure.

It was a pandemonium of desperate girls and attentive coos, but once they got the message, they eventually dissipated into the crowd, leaving one pesky blonde to pursue the chaos on her own. Although the numbers had significantly decreased, getting the pest off was still a hard task to tackle.

"Mikey." The blonde giggled as she intertwined her arm around mine.

What did she think she was doing?

"Who are you?" I barked while I shook her arm off.

Her elated expression fractured the instant my words shattered against her face. "Mike," she pleaded "don't you remember me." Tentatively reaching out for my arm, she leaned in closer and eagerly searched for a flicker of recognition in my eyes.

The girl was a pretty little thing, I couldn't lie. There was a good chance that I dated her somewhere down the road, but there were so many blondes at this school that it was impossible to keep track of them all.

Pulling my arm back to ruffle my hair, I shrugged my shoulders and gave it a wild shot. "Did I kiss you?"

Whatever I said a few moments ago triggered something inside her, restoring all of her hope. The blonde fervently shook her head and grasped my arms. "Yes. Of course, we-"

It was like I had predicted; another girl that I decided to have a harmless escapade with a long time ago. One would think she would get the hint that I had moved on when in reality, we really had nothing to move on from.

"Honey," I sighed, wondering how a pretty girl like her thought that she ever had a chance, "I've kissed quite a few people, and possibly your best friend. Why don’t we just part ways? And one piece of friendly advice for you."

I felt bad for breaking her heart, but someone had to reveal the news to Blondie sooner or later. A few people could have at least threw her some clues, but of course everyone else left the red eyes, slobbering mouth, and runny nose to me.