Chapter 21: The Big News

Dane

Don't ask me how, but Ashlyn and Mike have managed to mend their relationship over night and figure things out for today.

It's strange, really, and I often find myself not picturing them as a couple. Mike says that she's the one, but I don't see it. It's just as believable as the day Mike decides he hates himself and say he's ugly, which would never happen.

Mike is the reincarnation of Narcissus, and if he was only a tad bit crazier than he is now, he would kiss himself in the mirror every chance he got.

Anyway, thank God they were able to put that out of the way because now we could do things normally and get down the things we need down, such as shopping.

Because of the stash of food Mike stole from the main fridge to put into the one in his room, we had to go out to the store and buy everything. I tried convincing Mike that he had to give up the fridge in his room because of it's existence was utterly pointless, but he refused.

Now we have enough food to become Walmart, thanks to him.

Ashlyn decided to shop along with me at Safeway today and to meet Mike here at three. He had some business to deal with, I wasn't sure what since he groggily muttered it out to us when he drove off with Mr. Gardner, but I'm sure it was important.

We had hours upon hours to spend because it was only noon and we were half way done with our shopping. 

I have no idea of what else we could do besides be stupid and get kicked out. We were both bored as hell and wanted time to go by faster. The five more hours I had to wait until I see Jacquelyn was too much for me.

I'm so excited to see her, I can barely contain myself. All I could do is rant about Jacquelyn to Ashlyn, who is still surprisingly not annoyed by me yet.

Trust me, I try to shut up, but I just can't. I feel like I have to talk about her or else I would explode or lose my mind.

Pushing along the second cart of food that we had- aimlessly roaming around the store, Ashlyn smiled up at me. "Jacquelyn sounds freaking amazing. I can't wait to see her."

My cheeks glowed from thinking about her, and I nodded my head. "Yeah. I think you two would get a long really well. To be honest, you could be her clone, personality wise. You two are so similar sometimes, I can't tell the difference."

"Woah," she laughed as she dramatically pulled away from me, "you better be able to tell the difference because we can't have you falling in love with me and ranting non-stop, can we?" Ashlyn teased.

We both laughed together, and pulled our carts to a stop to get milk.

I chuckled. "No, we can't. There is a difference between a best friend and that." 

Her mouth gaped open, and she held her hand to her chest in mocked expression of shock. "I'm your best friend?" She announced in surprise, dramatizing most of it to make me laugh.

"Of course!" I smiled "As soon as we met, we hit it off and got along really well. Plus, your my brother's girlfriend. How can I not like you?"

Ashlyn crinkled her nose and a faint line of a smirk outlined her lips. "Are you sure about that? Mike's typical girlfriends are really bitchy, and you're saying you liked all of them?"

"No!" I laughed because it was so true. Mike's girl friends are not always the best, matter in fact, they're the worst out there. "No. I'm saying I actually approve of you to be my brother's girl friend because your a good person. That wasn't the right thing to say, but yeah. You're cool."