Chapter 10: Here Comes Disaster

Ashlyn

I asked for a miracle, not Mike Nor.

If the world considered Mike Nor a miracle, then there was something extremely wrong with the world's evaluation scale of good and bad. If there was ever a miracle concerning Mike Nor, it would be as to how the boy ever managed to get famous.

He was a pest, an irritating cockroach in my world! Not only did he decide to get tangled in my hair at school but also in my personal life.

If Mike dies here, it was all his fault and he deserves it for being the creepy stalker that he was.

Did I go too far? Nope.

Taking the boy by the neck and strangling him to the moon and back while wringing the rings of Saturn around his stupid little face is extreme. The first option was more humane for it's just a quick shot to the head-putting his miserable life to an end in a mere second.

Personally, I think he would rather deal have a bullet stuck in between his teeth once he figures out what I can really do to him.

"Why the hell is he here?" Mr. Neal snapped as he impatiently paced back and forth behind us all. Since we were all had our backs to the door and the rest of his pathetic little gang, I could only assume that he had a gun all aimed at our heads.

I had everything handled until this pompous arrogant jerk skipped through our doors like Dorthy on the yellow brick road.

How the heck did he get here?

"It's Ashlyn's chemistry partner from her school-"

Mike cut in before my mom could finish. "Mike Nor, also known as Ashlyn's extremely good looking boyfriend. Boyfriend as in no space between boy and friend."

I couldn't believe it. Our lives were in the hands of a man who had no mercy for our souls and the stupid boy next to be decided that it was a good time to crack jokes and play games. Heck, if Mike was a normal Joe you could find right off the block, he would probably be cleaning and sticking his head in other people's toilets.

Not because he would be cleaning them, it would be because he would be so dirt poor he would be drinking from them.

All joining in at the exact same time, my parents and younger brother exchanged a wild and shocked look. "Boyfriend?!"

Mike was far from being my boyfriend or even a person as far as I was concerned.

I needed to straighten things out and stop having Mike take advantage of me like this. Opening my mouth to clear things out, Mr. Neal yelled for us to shut up and kneed my parents in the back-giving me second thoughts about speaking.

Mr. Neal was going to blow and take someone down with him if another word was to be said.

I was burning from the inside out. I yearned and wanted to scream it to everyone that Mike was not my boyfriend but a complete stalker that deserved to be locked behind bars. Or even better, the one taken for ransom instead of my father or I.

As awful as it sounds, I would gladly give him up to the loan sharks. It sounds like a horrible act of treacherous villainy,  but believe it or not I'm the hero here doing the world a favor. A big one.

From the corner of my vision, I could see Mike roll his eyes and throw his head up to the sky. "Boyfriend? Was that the only thing everyone caught? The fuck, I'm going to die with a bunch of idiots and no one will know who I am."

Man, did I really want to punch him and stick my fist in his face. Who the heck did he think he was to put my whole family at risk with his stupid talk?