Chapter 1: Love at First Sight ❤

Baltimore, May 1988

"Wow I love the beauty of nature" Vanessa thought, as she laid on her blanket underneath the beautiful tree filled with cherry blossoms. Her family moved from San Diego, California to Baltimore, Maryland a week ago to embark on a new exciting journey for her and her sister, Stella. Vanessa is 17 and just recently got enrolled into the Baltimore School of Arts for her brilliance in acting and dancing. Vanessa is so excited to start the new year fresh.

"New beginnings!" Vanessa exclaimed to herself.

"Hey sis!" Stella said interrupting her thoughts

"Hey sis!" Stella said interrupting her thoughts. "They got something going on at the park! Please come check it out with me!"

Vanessa sighed. "Okay....little sis"

"Yay!" the 10 year-old exclaimed.

They walked down the street to the park filled with a crowd watching a young male give a speech.

The young male states, "It's time for us as people to start making some changes! We need to change the way we eat, the way we live, and the way we treat other! You see the old way wasn't working for us!

Someone in the audience said,"Amen"

The young male continues, "So it's on us to do what we got to do in order to survive!" Let's be the change we wanna see in the world!

Some people clap in agreement.

Young male continues, "We can't get peace until we end the war on the streets! There's no need to fight against eachother! Let's come together as sista and brotha & end this battle!"

The audience applauded & cheered saying, "Tupac! Tupac! Tupac!"

Stella exclaimed, "Wow he is so cool!"

Vanessa just stared at Tupac in amazement. "I never seen someone so strong and confident as this guy" she thought to herself. "And the crowd really loves him! They cheering him on! I never seen someone so brilliant that could touch the hearts of so many people all at once!"

Vanessa felt a sense of joy by him. Vanessa starting breathing hard and felt her heart beat fast as she continued to stare at him in amazement.

Tupac high-fived his buddies as he walked through the crowd.

"Man that was dope!" his friend, Treach exclaimed as he high-fived him.

"Thanks my brotha!" Pac said. As his eyes wandered through the crowd they landed on a beautiful olived-skinned female with dark wavy hair who was staring at him.

Pac being the flirty guy that he is, smiled at her. The girl quickly turned away filled with embarrassment.

 The girl quickly turned away filled with embarrassment