Chapter 2

Following Calum, we met his rusty old red truck that I hate so much because it makes creaking sounds and the cushions are torn up and patched with duck tape.

"Are you never going to get rid of this piece of shit?" I asked him. Hoping he would say yes.

"No." He smiled and continued "I know how much you love this old piece of garbage. It holds memories."

Hopping in the front seat, I remembered the first time Calum took me to see his band play. This piece of crap was brand new and didn't have a scratch on it, that was until I took it for a quick spin and ran over many bushes and trees. Even ruining his car didn't make Calum mad at me. It's like he can't ever get mad, he was always the nice and calm one.

...

Arriving to Calum's little boy hut, I ran into Calum's girl parade that was waiting for him to come home. Do these girls not know when to go home? Like seriously I would take a shotgun to their fake little.....

"Carter!" Calum's scream brought me out my thoughts

"Yeah?"

"A little help here?"

Pushing my way through the ridiculously dressed females, I grabbed Calum by the shirt and pulled him into his house locking the door behind.

"Thanks" he struggled to get out while trying to catch a breath

"You're welcome" I replied while taking a beer from his fridge and bringing it to my mouth.

"You're too young to be drinking"

"I'm 17 , i do what I want"

Calum's POV.

"And I'm 19 and I'm allowed to drink." I smartly remarked

Instead of replying she laughed. Her laugh is so refreshing and sweet to my ears. I absolutely love everything about Carter but it's hard to just take on the fact that she wants to be "Just Friends" I can't bear it sometimes, she's so off edge and barely cares about what others think. Yet she is sweet and down to earth at times.

Carter has soft long curly jet black hair with the eyes to match. She reminds me of a vampire at times, the way she glows in the sunlight. Her skin pale and her cheeks imprinted with freckles even across the nose. She was the only girl I ever looked at as something more.

"Turn up some tunes!" she exclaimed running towards the stereo.

After cranking up the tunes she busted her ass over to me and grabbed my hand to jump on the coach with her and sing along.

"You're just a little bit out of my limit!"

That was our favorite part. Well I know that was hers, I wrote the song for our band, so every lyric was my favorite.

As the song faded out, my dirty brown blonde headed friend barges through the door with his new guitar in one hand and his keys in the other.

"Luke!" I greeted him

"Hey man" he replied quickly making his way over to Carter and kissing her on the cheek.

My insides drop.

Carter's POV.

When Luke came home he pressed a kiss on my cheek, but I went for the lips . I haven't seen him in a while and I missed him.

"Hey baby." He whispered in my ear while laying on top of me

"Hey" I shyly responded

Luke always had the same reaction on me. He took away my breath with anything he did and made me shy at times. Everything he did for me was out of kindness because I never asked. Luke was like my daily drug, and without him it has been hell.