Chapter 4

Today I was finally going to school after being captive by my dad for two weeks. I didn't like school but Calum cajoled me to continue and graduate with him.

"Carter! Hurry up! We are going to be late!"

"Hold on Calum! I need to get my books." I lied, I just didn't want to finish my make out with Luke. Highschool isn't as interesting when he's not with me anymore. he graduated last year and decided to take on a "rock band" career. It was kind of stupid to me because how is he going to get paid? But I support him with any choice he makes.

"I need to go." I stop the kissing and take a breath.

"No stay." He mumbles with his eyes still closed.

"Babe."

Finally I am released from his tight grip and I give him one last kiss before joining Calum in the car.

.....

Walking through the old hallways of Trojan High, I actually began to realize that I kind if missed it. The old beat'n in lockers and bathrooms with graffiti on the wall...

"Home sweet home" Calum says peacefully

"Eh. I guess so" I agree and we share a smile. The smile on my face is now a frown due to the fact that my enemy, Bethany, is staring at me.

"Oh hey Carter! I missed you!" She says with a fake smile on her face. Id like to smack it off.

"Hey bitch." I say dauntlessly and Calum mumbles my name.

"What?" I turn to him.

"Calum!" She makes her way over to him hiking up her skirt. Tramp.

"Hey" Calum seems to realize her skirt that has been shifted up a little. I hit his arm.

"Ow." He rubs him arm.

"So I was thinking maybe we could hang out later?" She asks him.

"I'll check my schedule" he smiles and she giggles while walking away and flipping her hair as to of her "wanna be's" accompany her.

"You're mean" he brakes the silence on our way to first period.

"I'm just straight forward" I don't care to look at him

"Yeah yeah." He doesn't continue and we walk into our history class.

"Well, Hello Carter." Mr.Ryan says as I take a seat at my desk.

"Hi"

"Where have you been all this time" he strolls over to my desk.

"Family things" I didn't look him in the eyes.

"I'm sure it was" he rolls his eyes and walks back to his desk.

Telling him about my dad and the torture I been through wasn't any of his business. Anyone's really. Only Calum and I know my situation and that's how it's going to be.

Taking me from my thoughts, someone sits in the desk right next to me. His arms appear nice and firm. His hair is almost like the old Justin Bieber haircut but there's a slight difference. He caught me staring at me and I snapped my head back forward to look at the teacher. His eyes were light brown and the smile he gave me was adorable.

"Carter." Mr.Ryan gets my attention

"Yeah." I'm slightly embarrassed.

"Pay Attention." He commands and gets back to teaching.

I look back to see if he was still looking at me but he was listening to Mr.Ryan's lecture about something with World War II? I don't know, I just couldn't stop thinking of the new guy. Too many questions popped into my head. Do I know him? When did he arrive? What's his name? I'm a noisy one, but I craved for information.