Chapter 7

The walk on the way to Calum's was very quiet. I can't bare to just walk side by side with Ashton and not at least ask him how he is. My dad chaining him was probably the worst feeling in his life. He probably thinks I'm crazy just like him. Who knows. Hopefully he doesn't think I'll hurt him one day.

"It wasn't the worst thing that happened to me." He broke the silence. It's like he read my mind.

"It wasn't?" I asked too concerned of what might have been worse.

"No." He lightly chuckled. "When I was 12, I lived with my aunt after my parents died in a car crash. My aunt would rape me and threaten me not to tell my uncle." He didn't have any emotion.

This wasn't what I expected from Ashton's backstory. I thought Ashton was those kids who grew up with wealthy parents and love their life happily in a Mansion. Finding out that his parents both died in a car crash and he that he had to put up with rape from his aunt, changes my whole perspective of him.

"I'm sorry." I manage to let the words fall from my trembling lips.

"It's ok." He whispered and sniffled a little.

"Where do you live now?"

"I ran away when I was 13. I had enough of being touched when it was unwelcomed."

"Oh." Is all I say when I see big shining head lights coming our way.

I squint my eyes and try to make out the vehicle and sigh in relief as my eyes finally focus on an old rusty red truck.

"You guys need a ride." Calum rolls down his window and smiles at us.

"Yes! Shot gun!" I sprint to the front seat and Ashton laughs at my childish ways as he hops in the back.

Ashton's POV.

Damn I got a little emotional expressing myself to Carter. At least I got my feelings out and made her feel better about her dad. I know it kills her to have to go through torture that's he doesn't deserve.

Tonight I just felt as if I could manage to tell Carter my secrets. She's becoming to be a best friend and sister to me.

Damn I know she's hot but I see that we could never become anything more. Instead of trying to be with her as a boyfriend, I know I'm more needed as a support system for the times in her life when she needs a laugh or someone to talk to.

"Ashton?" Carter's voice grabbed my attention

"Yes?"

"You can get out the car now, we are here." She giggles and stands outside the truck for me.

"Oh yeah." I start to blush feeling embarrassed.

As I got out she quickly raced over to me and hugged me tight.

"Thank you." She whispered.

"Your welcome." My lips spread into a goofy smile.

When she let go she pranced up to the condo and I got into my black calvo and turnt the keys until my engine hummed.

Before I drove off, I peeked up to see Carter waving and making her way into the condo, leaving me to see the slightly cricked numbers that lies on the door to the condo.

233

Carter's POV.

I'm thankful Calum came and got us. It would've been a long walk back and Frank would've figured that we escaped. Knowing him he would probably get in his car and try to find us.

"You ok?" Calum hands me a raw steak for my bruised up face.

"Yeah thanks." I pretend to smile and plop the steak on my face. Ew god this is disgusting.