Chapter 18

Carter POV.

"Get up."

I groan and turn over closing my eyes instantly when they saw Luke standing in the door way.

"I know your awake."

"Mmmmm." I get up and walk past him

Smelling random scents coming from the kitchen, I take a seat at the table and rub my eyes.

"Good Morning." Frank set different plates on food on the table.

"What is it?" I pointed to the food

"No good morning?"

"What's the food?" I asked again ignoring his request.

"Turkey bacon, blueberry pancakes, and sausages."

"I'm not hungry." I start to get up from the table.

"Sit." Luke steps into the kitchen

"No." I try to push past him and he grabs my wrist

"Stop Carter and eat the damn food."

"I'm not hungry." My stomach starts to growl.

"Yes you are." He motions to the table.

"Fine." I sit down and take a piece of turkey bacon.

"Eat more." Luke pushes

"Shut the hell up. I'm eating the bacon aren't i?" On that note I walked out the door back up to the room.

Why can't I just get out of this hell hole? Thinking about ways to leave, I took a pair of jeans and a t-shirt out of the bedroom drawers and walked down the hall to the bathroom.

"Stop walking away from me." Luke stops me infront of the bathroom door.

"whatever move." I try to move around him and he mimics my movement making me grow irritated.

"I need to shower!" I shout and he jumps out of the way of the door from the sound of my voice.

I entered the bathroom, locking the door behind me and placing my clothes along side the sink.

"Don't take long." Luke hit the door and I assumed walked away from the fading footsteps on the wooden floor

I cursed under my breath and turned on the water, letting the warmness drain away my sorrow.

In there I thought about Ashton...Calum...my mom.. Anything.. It was all a blur. What I thought about was that I wasn't going to get out of here alive. I was going to die. I know it.

Why did Luke have to become this person. Why couldn't he just move on and fuck Bethany more.

I turned off the water and wrapped my towel around my body. As I looked into the mirror, I wrapped my hair into a messy bun and dried the rest of my body, putting on my clothes.

"Come out." A pound at the door startled me and I opened the door slowly, stepping out and walking back towards my room.

Shutting the bedroom door, I walked across the wooden floor towards the old white desk with a rounded mirror above it.

I took a seat in the chair and admired the items on the desk. To my right I spotted an unopened white little box with an open heart shaped lock. Lifting the lid, I stuck my hand inside and pulled out a small picture of me and my mom when I was about 2 years old.

I was happy. And so was she. Remembering a song she sung to me I let it flow from my mouth.

Tuck me in

Turn out the light

Turned around and you were in sight

The two of us made quite a pair

Don't you worry, Hold on tight

I promise there will come a day

Baby girl Fly Away

Placing the picture back in the box, I stood from the desk and plopped onto the bed.

"Come out." Luke knocked on my door.

"Leave me alone for once."

"I'll break down the door."

With that, I huffed and pulled myself off the bed swinging the door open.

"You look beautiful." A smile spread across his face and I rolled my eyes walking past him down the stairs.

Ignoring Frank on the couch, I popped a squat a few feet away from him on the other end.

"Scared?" He breaks the silence

"You wish." I huffed and crossed my arms

"When are you going to get over what happened? It was a while ago. She's in a better place now."

"Well I'm not. I'm hurt and I needed her."

"You have me."

I laughed mockingly "You're nothing."

"She's never coming back."

"I know."

"I'm glad a she's gone. She was getting in the way of me and my beer."

The satisfaction in his voice made me infuriated. Without thinking I marched over to his side of the coach and swung many times at his face, barely missing. He parried a few plows trying to block his face but it wasn't enough to stop my ongoing punches and slaps.

"What the hell!?" Luke rushed over and pulled me off Frank.

"I fuckin' hate you!" I cried

"Mmmm. When did you not?" He laughed blood streaming from his jaw and scratches imprinted in his face from the attack. Puddles of blood stain the couch and I still have no regret on what just took place.

Why did he have to bring it up? I shouldn't have let it get to me. But then again I gave him what he deserved from the start. He was bad for my mom but love made her see perfections other than flaws. Just like Luke to me, he was unhealthy for my mom. She was highly at risk of high blood pressure and heart attack anyway. I just only got to see how bad Luke was for me. Cheating made me realize he wasn't for me. Fate does it for a reason they say. Getting back together with Luke wasn't a choice. I have to let the hoe go. Strength my mom didn't have was sure as hell inside of me. And if it wasn't for her love and care, I would take the bullshit Frank and Luke give me but, I was taught, I deserve better than that.

I pulled out of Luke's arms and stormed out the back door through the woods for air.

"Breath." My moms voice enters my head and I listen, taking a breath slowly in and out.

Walking through a foggy storm I settle at a stream and watch the water flow.

"He got to you didn't he?" A different comic came out of no where. Turning around I see the person I missed for days. Months.

"Natalie?" I whisper

"Hey." She comes into view from all the fog and I stand too shocked to tell if she was actually there or not.

"Where have you been?" I go to wrap my arms around her body, only to see that my arms go straight through her.

"I'm gone Carter." She says regretfully.

"H-how?" I stutter

"He killed me."

All my suspensions of where Natalie went were answered and my heart dropped a hundred feet to the ground. He not only killed Ashton, but he killed someone that was a sister to me.

{ A.N. The song Carter remembered her mom singing was inspired by Miley Cyrus and Billy Ray Cyrus

Butterfly Fly Away}