Chapter 6

"What have I ever done wrong to you Carter? I give you everything. The least you could do is accept things I give you but no, you had to run away." He threatened to hit me again making my body jump and tense up.

"You haven't full filled the responsibilities of a father nor do you have the right to be called one!" I say harshly.

My words only agitated him even more causing his to strike on me again but miss as I turn my back to him. But it wasn't enough for him, he threw punches at my back causing it to bruise and me to wince in pain.

"Don't ever speak to me like that again." He walks away leaving me to sigh in pain.

Calum's POV

"What the hell happened?" I sternly asked Luke.

I swear to god if he hurt her I would loose my mind.

"I c-cheated on her." He stuttered

"With?" I try to stay in control.

"Bethany." He answers shyly.

"You cheated on her with someone who would get it from anyone! She loved you, and you hurt her."

"I'm so sorry." He whispered in regret.

"You should be." Relieved I hadn't punched him yet, I left and went to go look for the girl that's now broken hearted and probably scared.

Carter's POV.

This time he didn't lock me in the dark room with chains, he sat me on the couch right next to him where he could keep an eye on me.

"Why can't you just let me go?" I half plead and half question.

I was tired of being in the house with this man who murdered my mom and could possibly do the same to me any second. It was terrifying but I had to put on a front, I didn't want him to see how punkish I could get and how small he made me feel. I had to be "dauntless" as they say and act brave.

"Carter, shut up." He spit.

Getting away this time was a low chance of 20% out of a 100%. Hopefully Calum will figure out where I'm at and help me get out of here soon.

I depend on Calum too much for the shit I put myself into. I shouldn't have came back here and tried to make peace. I knew it would only lead to more danger Id put myself into. As stupid as I am, I listened to the "you want to make peace with your dad side" and got myself into a deeper hole.

A knock at the door took me from my thoughts. Who would be deep enough in the woods to find this place at this time of night?

"Don't move." He joked and chuckled, knowing I was chained down to stay.

"Who is it?" He questioned the stranger outside the door.

"Ashton...Ashton Irwin."

Suddenly all my nerves went out of control. Ashton is going to get hurt. He probably came over to hang out with me and thought this is where I live now. How did he even get this address? I don't know. I just needed to help him get away from here quick before he ends up chained like me.

"ASHTON RUN! GO AWAY RUN!" I yelled at the top of my lungs so he could be able to hear my cries to him.

At that moment my dad smirks and swigs the door open snatching Ashton by his collar and throwing him on the floor inside.

"Well, well, well, looks like we have a keeper." He's still grinning and Ashton looks at him confused.

"What's going on?" He's terrified, and that's the last thing Frank needs you to see for him to get to you.

"Just a little game." Frank punches him in the face knocking him out cold.

"Ashton!" I cry.

........

"Ugh." Ashton is finally woken and sitting hostage in the dark room I escaped from before.

"Ashton?" I sigh in relief.

"Yeah? What happened." He tries to reach for his head but stops and stares surprisingly at the fact that his hands were changed together.

"I'm so sorry Ashton, I tried to scream and warn you before he could drag you in here." I tear fell from my eye.

"It's fine. At least you tried." He gives me a half smile.

Because this is all of my fault, I knew I had to think of a plan. A way to get us away from here before he could do more harm to Ashton and myself.

"Why did you come?" I questioned him.

"Because I wanted to know if you were ok. You ran out of the party crying without saying anything to anyone."

"Oh yeah." I started to remind myself. "I saw my worst enemy fucking my boyfriend..ex-boyfriend." I corrected myself.

"Wow, I'm sorry." He looked down away from my eyes that were beginning to water from replaying what happened over and over in my head.

"It's ok" I breathed and held back the tears.

Looking over at Ashton, he was out of his chains and walking over to pry me out of mine.

"How did you..."

"My uncle is a blacksmith." He interrupted and smiled at me.

I smiled back "Well doesn't that come in handy."

"Now what's the plan on getting out of this house safe?" His eyes pierce into mine and glow in the moonlight that seeps through the cracks over the boarded window.

I looked away from his eyes that sent me into daydreams and thought the plan out thoroughly.

"Ok. I think we should walk down the other end of this hall where there is a window and climb out. By the window is a floral border for the house that I used as a ladder to sneak away as a kid."

"Ok. Got it. But, what if he sees us?"

"I doubt he will, he is probably drinking more and watching Lifetime movies like always."

"Carter?" He takes my hand and a spark runs wild through my body.

"Yes?" I gulp

"Promise me that even if he sees us and tries to come after us that you run. Leave me if he gets to me and go as far away as possible." He lets go of my hand and places it on the back of his neck in stress.

"Promise." I nodded

I slowly open the door to the room and as quiet as possible, make my way to the window that is slightly cracked open.

Ashton pushed it up a little further making it enough for our bodies to crawl out.

"Ladies first" he smiled and I rewarded him with a giggle and shimmy out the window down the ladder, Ashton following.

"We did it." I whispered

"Yes we did." We shared a long embrace.

He smelled like cologne and other things that made me want to stay in his arms forever. When he let go, I still felt his muscular arms and hands around my small body.

"I'll drive you back to Calum's?" He sounded unsure.

"That'll be nice." I tried to hide my hurt. I was still in pain, and the fact that Luke lived with Calum and I had to see him everyday hurts more.

"Where's your car?"

"Oh, it's back at Calum's. I basically just followed your lead by foot." He scratched the back of his neck.

"Oh. Then I guess we have a long walk." I began to lead the way back to Calum's.