Chapter 5

Staring there for a while, Luke's eyes finally meet mine and I can't see anything but regret in his eyes.

"Carter, I'm sorry!"

I realize that my feet moved faster than my brain, I dashed out of there quickly and kept going.

Not knowing where the hell I'm going I trip many times, stumbling on my ass even. I can't make out why Luke would do this to me and where did our love go? I loved him more than anything and walking in on him having sex with Bethany makes my heart break into a million pieces.

I run for miles and miles finally making it to the Forrest that I ran from the house I never expected to return to. Something in me tells me to go home and the other part of me is telling me that I'm fucking insane.

As my feet touch the soil of the horrible memories this house brought me, it sent a chill down my spin.

I was scared out of my mind thinking, maybe talking things through with my dad and facing him would do be a lot better and light the weight off my shoulders about how much I completely despise him.

Calum would probably think I'm crazy for coming back here. Calum. Oh Calum, I bet he's worried about me. The look in his eyes as I pushed past him and barged through the door made him look like a lost puppy. I'll explain to him when I get back or if I.

I slowly crept up to the house and turned the nob almost dripping a sweat.

I stepped into the creaking wood entering the house only to see that my dad hasn't made it home yet. i m kind of relieved but nearly disappointed to see that I can't take his crap now over later.

I made my way through the lonesome house entering the living room. It smelled so horrible and I could barely step in a place that wasn't covered with broken beer bottles and cans. It turned a corner out the living room to reach a desk with lots of boxes underneath it.

So curious to know what's inside, I tore the box open and trying to hold it in, more tears escaped from my eyes. All memories of my mother was in every box. I picked up a picture of me and her in it and strolled my finger tips across it and regretted all the shit he out her through.

"Lilly! Lilly! Lilly got dammit get your ass in here!" My father screamed for her.

"What!?" She ran in the room with me trailing behind her.

As fast as lightening she tumbled to the floor holding her now swollen cheek in one hand.

"Mom!" I rushed to her side for comfort.

"Get the hell outta here Carter!" he slurs and off my mother to the ground then gives me the look of anger but I stay.

"Go honey! I'll be fine!" she sweetly dismisses me

"But mom..." she interrupts me with "Go!" and I do as she says and sprint to my room locking the door behind me. I pressed my ear to the floor trying to make out what happening.

"What did I tell you about these damn bills! That's why we have candles everywhere because the damn lights are out!"

"Frank, the lights are out because of the storm and your drunk!"

"Lily shut the hell up, you don't know what I am." I hear a crash that sounds like he tripped over something.

"Dammit Carter! Get your cat before I shoot it!" He yells to me.

"Don't bother her, she's scared of you for yelling all the time and coming home drunk." my mother defends me.

"Go to hell.'" he responds and strides up the stairs. Oh my god he's coming for me.

I try to hide in my closet making myself invisible as possible. "Carter! open this damn door!" he starts pounding harder and harder and I begin to cry and shake, scared out of my mind.

"Leave her alone Frank! She's 7!" My mom's voice begins to sooth me

"Last fucking time Lily, let me do what I want." he rebuttals and continues pounding.

"Carter, I'm going to bust this door down this door!"

I don't respond and after a few minutes, that's just what he did.

He first searched under my bed and pulled out anything under it and made his was over to my toy box emptying all my cherished items. "dammit" he whispered and turned to the closet. "I know where you are Carter, you cant run away anymore" he trampled over to the closet where I was hiding and snatched me out.

"I told you I could find you." his breath is all signs of liquor

"Let me go!" I screamed as his hands were on the collar of my neck and my mom rushes in.

"Let her go! You're choking her!" She tries to pry his hands from me

"Lilly Leave!" he yells at her face and she continues to help me.

"You don't know when to quit to you?" he took one hand off my neck and punched her right in the jaw making her collapse to the ground.

"Mommy!" I breath and try to scream as high as possible.

She gets up and tries to save me again and just as she approaches us, he pulls out a gun and shoots her till her death.

"Mommy!" This time I cry in pain,

watching my favorite person in the world die in front of my eyes by someone she loved dearly and lived by.

Continuing to cry from my flashback, a hand flew out of nowhere and I was knocked to the ground as fast as my mother has been.

{ Hey guys so I didn't give you a full notification of what the characters looked like/are:

Carter: Mila Kunis

Calum: Calum Hood (5SOS)

Luke: Luke Hemmings (5SOS)

Bethany: Dianna Agron

Frank: Bradley Cooper

Lilly: Emily Deschanel

Hope you keep reading and enjoy the book! (: }