Chapter 22

We ran.

As soon as Lea rushed up the stairs we went straight for the front door not turning back.

"Wait." Calum stopped and grabbed me, making me stop with him

"What Calum? We have to keep going."

Without a response Calum opened his truck that was beaten to no good and pulled out something that made my eyes seem like it had been dilated.

"When did you get that?" I relaxed a little.

"When I figured I needed to protect you."

"You don't need to protect me. I'm old enough to protect myself."

"And look at where that has gotten you." He was right. Without him being here alone with Ashton, I would have been locked up in that house or even forced into a deep sleep not being able to see the day sky again.

So I let him take care of his business. As he walked away from me i then began to think about the things that could happen to him. Frank, Lea, and Luke could dominate him and kill the love of my life or even lock him up in that hell hole he decided to lock me in. And I couldn't bare to let that happen.

"Don't go!" I screamed to him. I wanted him to come back to me safe.

"I have to protect you, Carter. I can't let this shit continue to happen."

"Just drop it and we can go. They aren't harming us right now. We will be ok if we just go as far away as possible."

He thought. And whatever he was thinking it took him too long because I felt pressure in my stomach that at any moment frank would open that door and see us, kill Calum and lock me back up.

"Lets go." He climbed into his car, me following behind and we drove off onto the highway far away from there.
____________________________________

It was dark and I could see nothing but my eyes and the sweat dripping from my forehead. Trapped in this box like area the walls got closer and closer and I kept screaming for help. Screaming for Calum. But he was not there. I continued to scream until a gun shot....
"Wake up" a familiar voice shaking me awake. "Bad dream?"

"Yeah". I opened my eyes wider and dove closer into his arms since that was all the warmth I was getting due to the broken hotel thermostat.

"Should've let me kill them."

"I couldn't let anything happen to you if you tried and it didn't work out the way we wanted."

"Doesn't matter. We wouldn't have to run and hide, like now."

"Stop."

He silenced and turned away from me. Not sorry, I turned the other way too. I was tired of hearing about Frank and I was done with that. I just want to get away and be by myself.

Getting up from the bed, I threw on some clothes and walked into the bathroom. Looking at myself in the mirror. It was petrifying. Pale as a skeleton in the face and beaten into pulp.

"Beautiful" Calum came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me kissing my neck.

I fall for it. Turning around to press my lips against his, I longed for this moment low key. He kissed me intensely and I felt my adrenaline starting to rush. Knocking bottles of shampoo and lotion over he picked me up and carried me to the bed. Slowly he took off his shirt and then mine. His boxers and then it was my turn. His hand went down and I felt the sharp pressure between my legs hoping the pain got better and eventually did.

It felt like love . Not the real type of love that you see in movies or television shows, but the real kind that people actually have for one each other and express from time to time. Like this.

It was passionate, hot, and addicting. As he pulled and released I fell backwards onto the pillows. Not making any sounds, he cradled me into his arms.

"I love you" he whispered into my ear.

As sure as I was to say it. I couldn't have said it at a better time. "I love you too"
____________________________________