Chapter 10

Guards made their announcements and Zen appeared in royal clothing. He waited for Izana to appear and the ceremony began as words were said and then Zen placed the crown upon his brother's head.

After the ceremony, Obi escorted Shirayuki out of the hall and to a balcony as they waited for Zen and the others. Shirayuki perked up when she thought she heard a noise and picked up a piece of jewelry that had fallen to the ground.
"Ah," pointed out Obi.

The two of them looked up to find Zen and his aides staring down at them. The group met up with each other, Zen and Shirayuki gazing at each other with loving eyes.
"The dress looks beautiful on you Shirayuki," smiled Kiki.
The red head blushed.
"You look beautiful too, Kiki-san!"
Obi sweatdropped.

"But she's wearing the same outfit as Mister Mitsuhide and I..."
"Ah! (y/n)-san looks beautiful too!" Shirayuki exclaimed as she saw you approaching them.
"Hm? Oh hello," you greeted as you got near.
"Good work," grinned Zen.
"I didn't do anything..." You mumbled. "All she wanted me to do was dress up."
Zen laughed.
"That's my mother for you!"

You smiled slightly and then met gazed with Obi. He was sincerely smiling at you, his eyes looking quite happy. You felt yourself blushing under his stare.
"You look stunning, (y/n)," Obi piped up.
Mitsuhide and Zen looked at him in astonishment. Where does this guy get the guts to compliment girls?!

"Th-Thanks..." You reply, avoiding his eyes. "I'm sorry I can't stay, Shuu and I have things to do-"
"Ah (y/n) wait!" Zen called out before you could leave.
"Hm?"
"Are you busy tonight?"
"No I don't think so?"
"We're having a small little party. Will you join us?"
You smiled.
"Of course! I'll see you all then!"
You and Shuuto disappeared down the hall, Obi's eyes following you until you turned a corner. He let out a sigh. Why couldn't he escort you as a Lady once in awhile?

That night...
"Excuse me?" You say as you opened the door.
The group was gathered on the floor, talking, eating, and drinking.
"Yo! (y/n)!" Zen greeted. "Come join us!"
You sat beside Mitsuhide and joined in the festivities.
"Drink some more, Mistress!!" Obi offered, pouring more wine into Shirayuki's cup.
"O-Oy! Are you trying to get her drunk?" Zen growled.

Next thing you knew, Shirayuki had fallen asleep.
"I guess Mistress still can't handle her alcohol," laughed Obi.
Zen suddenly stood up and sat on the other side of Shirayuki.
"What's up, Zen?" You wonder.
"I'm protecting her," he muttered.
"Are you drunk, Master?" Obi chuckled.
A couple hours passed and Obi, Zen, and Shirayuki were all asleep. Obi had fallen asleep next to the red head and Zen freaked out and decided to sleep on top of Obi's leg.
"They are such a strange trio," mumbled Kiki.

"Well, it's normal for them now," Mitsuhide chuckled.
"It's a love triangle," you added, staring at Obi. "Though Obi got the short end of the straw."
"Eh?" Mitsuhide wondered, confused.
"He doesn't seem to mind much," replied Kiki.
You yawned.
"I guess not..."

An hour more passed when Obi slowly opened his eyes. He glanced around and felt a heavy weight on his leg.
"Master... You're heavy..." he mumbled.
He then looked down to find Shirayuki laying next to him, her hand extended towards his. Not wanting to move his hand, he smiled and turned his head. Obi noticed Mitsuhide reading a book as he leaned against the wall. Next to the older man was your sleeping figure, your head resting peacefully on his shoulder.

"Mister, you're not going to bed yet?" Obi asked, staring at your figure.
"Hm? No not yet," Mitsuhide replied.
"Oh, I've never seen Miss Kiki asleep before," pointed out Obi.
"She won't even try to lay down," sighed Mitsuhide.
"I'm awake," muttered Kiki, catching the two men by surprise.
"Master sure is heavy..."

"Zen freaked out when you fell asleep next to Shirayuki," explained Kiki.
"Oh my," chuckled Obi.
He stared at his Master and Mistress and then at you. Carefully, he placed Zen next to Shirayuki and then crouched down next to you.
"May I?" Obi asked Mitsuhide, pointing at you.
"Go ahead," Mitsuhide smiled.

Obi carefully picked you up and laid you down a few feet away from Shirayuki. He then laid down beside you, wrapping his arm around your waist. Mitsuhide and Kiki exchanged looks and then smiled. Obi cares more about you than he really shows.