Old Gravity Falls Theories

Looking back on the golden days of the Gravity Falls fandom, I remember there being a lot of different theories ranging from being a bit ridiculous to actually being spot-on. Here's a list of some of the most memorable ones, along with the "proof" for it and my opinions on them (past and present, depending if my original stance on it has changed).

The Theory: Gideon is a vampire

The "Evidence": This theory was based mostly off of Gideon's appearance: his white hair, pale skin, and cape (yes, the cape, because clearly a cape is the sign of a vampire). After the premiere of "Blendin's Game", one believer of this theory even went as far to say that the graffiti painted on the sign of Gideon and Bud was foreshadowing of him being a supernatural creature, therefore supporting the Vampire!Gideon argument.

Emerald's Opinion: We're seen Gideon under the sun and in front of mirrors before. Yeah, my son is not a vampire. Leave him alone, he's trying to be a good kid.

The Theory: Robbie is a zombie

The "Evidence": "Known for their pale skins and bad attitudes, these creatures are often mistaken for teenagers. Beware Gravity Fall's nefarious zombies!"

Emerald's Opinion: While the similarities between Ford's description of zombies and Robbie are admittedly similar, I've always thought that Robbie was a bit too articulate to be a zombie.

The Theory: Bill is future Dipper

The Evidence: This theory surfaced sometime during the hiatus during Season One and Season Two. There were some dialogue and staging that the fans who believed this theory thought could be proof of this, like both Grunkle Stan and Bill doing the "eenie meenie miney you" thing to Dipper. Someone also thought that Bill/Bipper treated Mabel a little worse than Dipper in "Sock Opera", which they thought could mean that he had a personal vendetta against her. I believe the most popular backstory for this was that Dipper and Mabel would get into a horrible fight in the future, which ended in Dipper hating Mabel's guts, and when he got tangled up in some supernatural mess afterwards, he was transformed into Bill. It was believed that Bill-Dipper's motivations was to change the past.

Emerald's Opinion: No. NO. NO. FOR MULTIPLE REASONS.

The Theory: Mabel has a secret twin/clone named Lebam

The Evidence: This one was all started when a fan noticed that one of the bottle letters than Mermando sent Mabel was addressed to "Lebam" while the others were addressed to Mabel. Things got a little out of hand from there.

Emerald's Opinion: Remember when I said that some of these old theories were a bit ridiculous? Yeah, I was thinking about this one when I said that. Besides, Alex Hirsch himself confirmed that the whole "Lebam" thing was an animation error.

The Theory: Bill was still in Dipper's body

The Evidence: It was thought that Dipper being frozen in "Northwest Mansion Mystery" in the same pose that the Shapeshifter did in "Into the Bunker" meant that something was up with Dipper afterwards. After "Not What He Seems", someone used a screenshot of Dipper after the portal flashed that blue light and Dipper's body sort of got stretched out, along with his eyes, making them somewhat resemble the Bipper eyes, which was believed to mean that Bill was in possession of Dipper's body still.