Don't Take Candy From Strangers, Kids

Yesterday at my school, a police officer came to visit different classes to pass out some cool water bottles and promote saying no to drugs. This officer has a deep past rooted with experience of drugs; he comes from a long line of drug lords and has raised in that environment. Obviously, he refused to become a statistic by rejecting the family business and becoming a police officer.

(He told us his life story, and it was actually really cool, I might have to tell you guys it later.)

Anyways, as he went from class to class, he was passing out water bottles. In one class, there was a kid who I do not know the age, gender, or identity of. This student had a seemingly harmless bag of gummy bears, which a friend asked to have a few of.

To put it simply, it was not gummy bears, but very dangerous drugs. The student possessing these drugged candies did not inform their friend of this, and offered them all of the "gummy bears" they wanted. Needless to say, this friend got very very high and very very violently sick in a short amount of time.

They had to call an ambulance to take this student to the hospital before it was too late. Thank goodness, the person is now fine, as we have been informed, but is still in the hospital recovering. It will be a while before the student will be able to return. As for the student who gave them the drugged gummy bears, they have been arrested by the very same officer who was telling them to not do drugs just a few minutes before they gave the other kid drugs. They will not be returning to my school.

The moral of the story is please listen to your parents, teachers, and the other adults in your life when they say don't take candy from strangers. Unfortunately, it is a very dangerous world out there, and it's only getting crazier. Be safe, guys. Please.