"Shall we continue?"

Chapter 14: Shall we continue?

After reuniting with Rin that day, lately all I've been doing was focusing what I had to do here. I was enjoying my stay in Australia so far. But of course, in my mind, I was thinking about the outcome of actually being with Rin. It's almost Christmas and I ended up heading to a mall just to look for a small gift for Rin. What can I give to a guy for Christmas? I started to look around for different things he would of liked, for example clothes or accessories. I even ended going to a swim wear store just to purchase new swim wear for him since he probably needed new ones. I went back to some accessory stores to see if I can just give him a small pendant of something.

"Hmm....maybe it's not normal to give a guy a jewelry, huh?"

I was thinking of scenarios of how he would react to a gift like that but then I ended up buying one anyway. I bought a necklace with a pendant that was the same color as his eyes. I wasn't sure if he was going to ever wear it, but it's something he can keep forever, right? No, don't think I was trying to make it like some collar where I own him. Just the look of him, needed an accessory to his style. I finally went out of the shop and decided to look around for other items I wanted to look at. Once I got back to my hotel, I started to wrap the gift and fixed it up. Then I started to look at it for a couple minutes.

"Wait a minute, why am I even buying this for him?"

I facepalm myself and lay myself on the bed. I gave out a big sigh and just realized how much Rin was effecting my brain at the moment. I never thought my heart would feel this way for a guy that I didn't expect to be with. I kept remembering the time we first met and how much of a "I'm such a cool guy or that I'm better than the other guys because I'm hardcore type" of personality he had. But deep inside of his heart, he was a more emotional guy that I never noticed. He was loveable, he was a tease and yet he showed a lot of affection even if he was a bit overprotective in some ways. He knew how to make a woman happy with whatever he got in mind. He was able to show me that. I tossed and turned on the bed and tried to close my eyes and then my face went near the Christmas gift and just poked at it.

"When the time comes, I hope that everything will be okay."

I stayed quiet for a few minutes and then my phone rang. I raised an eyebrow and then looked at my phone. I was pretty sure no one could really contact me from over here. I picked up my phone and didn't bother to look at who's name was on the screen and just answered.

"Hello? Aya?"

I finally stopped being blank and just was surprised at who called.

"Makoto?"

"Hi Aya, are you doing okay out there?"

Why was Makoto calling me out of nowhere? I continued to speak to him.

"I'm alright. I managed to find Rin."

"Is that right? That's really good news."

I stayed quiet for a bit, thinking how stupidly awkward it is to just talking to Makoto like this. I have to remember he has someone in his life now and that everything is different from way long ago.

"So...um...how's it going over there in Tokyo? Everyone still trying to see if I'm actually surviving out here?" I started to joke. I heard Makoto giving a little whine and just giggled a little bit.

"Of course, were all here making sure you were completely okay. Especially Haru. He has been wondering about you most of the time."

"Well....it's because.."

I suddenly stopped at my words and remembered how Haru confessed to me his own feelings that day before I broke up with Rin. I shook the thought off and just laughed it off.