Chapter 19

Year Later

I took my feet out of the water drying them off with my towel then standing up picking my phone up off the layout chair. It's been a while since the incident with Zay having his heart attack. It made a big explosion over the internet and some people still talk about it. After that he decided to take a break from all that and I decided to take my career up to the next level becoming an model for clothes. Living in Atlanta has given Riety a big opportunity. She is also a model. She's now 17 while Kayla is 9. Even though Riety isn't mine I still see her as my own.

I walked inside to see Riety and Kayla recording themselves dancing off Rolex.

I just wanna Rolly Rolly Rolly with a dab of ranch
I already got some designer to hold up my pants
I just want some ice on my wrist so I look better when I dance
Have you lookin' at it, put you in a trance

I giggled at Kayla as she tried to keep up with Riety. I walked infront of tge camera and started dancing too then walked away.

"Know you can't dance." Zay said as he jogged down the stairs with his phone in his hand and keys in the other.

"Boy please. Where you going though?" I asked playfully rolling my eyes.

"Lem crib to watch the game we missed last night." He replied while tossing up his keys and catching them.

"I wanna come so I can play with Darci."Kayla said running over with a big smile.

"Ite, let's ride then. " He said heading towards the door. I jogged upstairs to throw on some more clothes. I put on some jean shorts and a white spaghetti strap shirt. I jogged back downstairs with my sandals in one hand and my iPhone 7 in the other.

Jogging out, I pulled the door shut behind me then joining everyone in the car. Zay smiled at me then pulled off.

~
We finally pulled up in front of Lem's house. I smiled as his daughter darci played with her puppy out in the front yard.

"Mazeyyy!" Kayla exclaimed with excitement just before jumping out and running over to Darci and her puppy.

I looked back and saw Riety on her phone as always.

"I'll take this." I said taking it out of her hand and putting it in the glove department.

"Lem has an daughter your age. Go make friends with her or something."

Riety Pov.

"Lem has an daughter your age. Go make friends with her or something."

I rolled my eyes as I got out. I honestly don't think me and Faith which is Lem daughter will click. She seem different from me as if she don't match my flow. But I guess its worth a shot.

I walked inside with everyone and paused when I saw a tall brown skin guy with, girly hair and nice brown eyes. I cleared my throat and proceeded with everyone else.

"Hello." Lem's wife greeted us with a warming smile. I flashed a smile before looking away.

"I'm sorry but this is my oldest son Vontae."

He flashed a smile and began walking out. He glanced at before leaving the room. I heart began pounding. I might just have fell in love.