Phobias (Guido Mista)

Dedicated to MissEclair (almost forgot 😅)
--------------------------------------------------------------
Mista and Narancia laid on a couch with blank faces, staring at the TV and talking about a certain someone.

"I'm telling you, man. She's crazy about you." Narancia said as he flicked through the channels.

"Really?" Mista asked with piqued interest.

Guido took a quick glance to your direction. You were sitting in the kitchen, engrossed in a conversation with Trish, not minding any of your surroundings.

"Doesn't look like it." He pouted.

"What makes you say that?" Narancia paused his remote clicking.

"Well, shouldn't she be staring at me or something?" Mista pointed out.

"She does. She's just not dumb enough to get caught." His friend answered. "She isn't one of our intel sources for nothing."

"... I'll believe you for now." Mista said after some thought. "But if this is some prank, you're going to have to deal with my Sex Pistols."

"I'm not lying." Narancia laughed at Mista's threat. "Just ask her out or something."

"You think I haven't tried that before?"

"What?" Narancia almost dropped the remote. "Holy shit, what did she say?"

"Nothing." Mista huffed. "She's always too busy to talk to me so I never got the chance to pop the question."

"Maybe she's just shy?" Ghirga shrugged. "She usually only talks to Trish or the boss. Look, just give it another shot."

"I guess one last try wouldn't hurt."

Mista rolled off the couch and smoothed out his clothes before heading for the kitchen.

"There's no way he likes me." You mumbled. "I should just give up on this crush."

"I don't know..." Trish trailed off. "He asked me about you the other day."

"Really?" You gaped. "W-what did he want to know?"

"What your favorite number was."

"And what did you say?" You pressed on.

"That I didn't know." She shrugged before looking past you and smiled. "Hi, Mista."

"Hey, Trish." His voice replied from behind you, causing you to visibly jump. "_____. You got a minute?"

"She's got plenty of time." Trish answered before you could and stood from the table. "And I happen to be late for an appointment. Later."

You stared desperately after her fleeing figure. You blinked out of it once Mista cleared his throat.

"Uh, sorry, Mista. You caught me at a bad time." You smiled apologetically. "Maybe later."

Before he could reply, you got up from your chair to escape the conversation, but Mista wasn't having it. Not today.

He pushed you back down into your seat, making your heart beat faster and your breath quicken.

"No." He said. "It's always 'later' with you. I'm in Passione, _____. I might not be here 'later'."

Surprised by the seriousness in his expression, you thought it best to stay.

"Yeah, you're right. Sorry." You mumbled, gazing to the side. "What do you need?"