Heart (Jonathan Joestar)

'What could be bothering her?' Jonathan thought. 'Something really bad must have happened if she hasn't told me.'

He noticed that you were getting a bit pale and you weren't as jovial. It was like someone hit your off switch.

You were supposed to go swimming with him at the river but you just laid back under the shade of a tree. Curious, Jonathan laid down next to you and watched the leaves rustle in the wind.

"_____, what's wrong?" Jonathan finally asked.

"What do you mean?" You mumbled without looking at him.

"You just seem to be in a daze all day." He elaborated. "Everyday for the past week, actually."

"I'm sorry, Jojo." You sighed, sitting up. "I should have told you sooner."

"Told me what?" He asked, following suit.

"I'm getting married."

His eyes widened in shock, then his brows furrowed in worry.

"To who?"

Your heart felt sore. Sore from all of the sadness and anger it carried for the past week.

"Some boy from a rich family." You started off quietly.

Jonathan watched as you struggled with your negative emotions. He placed a comforting hand on your shoulder.

"_____, it's okay to let it out. I understand."

That was all you needed.

You rose to your feet and kicked off your shoes. You stared at them in distaste before chucking them at the tree and yelling out your woes.

"Ugh! I don't even know his name! I hate being a woman! I hate that I was born to a wealthy family! I didn't ask for any of it!"

Jojo could only watch you with pity as you took down your hair from its bun then tear off the hem of your skirt to where it showed a good bit of your shins.

You fell to your knees and slammed your fists onto the dirt. It hurt, but you needed the pain to distract you from the agony your poor heart was in. Your anger died down until you just sat there, staring off into the distance. Jonathan crouched next to you and brought you close to him with his arms. You felt tears well up and hid your face in his chest.

"It's just not fair." You whispered through clenched teeth. "My mother is not letting me have a say in this arrangement."

"We'll find a way, _____." Jojo murmured, rubbing your back gently.

Eventually, you pulled away and rinsed off your face at the river bed.

"Thank you, Jojo, for being here with me."

He returned the thanks with a hearty grin.

"You've always been by my side when I was at my lowest. I'm just returning the favor."

You both laid back down under the shade to mull over your predicament.

"I think I should run away." You spoke. "It's the only-"

"No!" Jonathan yelled before clearing his throat. "I mean, it's not your only option."

"What did you have in mind, then?" You asked almost desperately.

"Uh... well..." He trailed off nervously. "How's about we get married?"

Your mouth fell agape at his suggestion. He looked ashamed by your reaction.

"That was just my idea. You don't have to be with me if you don't want to." He faked a laugh.

'This whole time, we could have been together.' You thought to yourself in astonishment.