Part two

Part 2

Charlie’s point of view

Nothing, there was only a dark room and I was so not going in there. “Charlie where are you!” I heard one of the boys shout.

I literally jumped into the room, the door slammed behind me and I was encased in darkness.

Niall’s point of view

“Charlie where are you!” I shouted running around looking for her like a headless chicken.

I stopped at the library and froze; no she can’t be in there. We were supposed to prepare her, she’s not ready yet. She could get herself killed! I flung the door open and Gideon (The old man from the last chapter who I didn’t name) looked up from a book, he stood and bowed. “Where is she!” I growled at him.

Gideon looked over at the small door in the corner; I ran over and pulled at the handle… It wouldn’t budge. “Charlie come back you can’t handle this yet. Please” I begged banging on the door.

Charlie’s point of view

I heard banging coming from somewhere but I couldn’t exactly pinpoint it in the dark. My best bet to get out of here was to carry on walking forward I guess. So that’s what I did I carried on walking…

Hearing a crash coming from behind me, I screeched in fright. “Welcome to task 1” a low voice growled.

I looked around trying to figure out where the voice was coming from. “Who’s there” I called out.

I felt someone or something lift a lock of my hair up. “Well you’re a young one aren’t you, very lucky to. You have 5 mates and one admirer. You are 14 in your mind but 16 in body. You want to be understood but your mates don’t understand that. Now we need to stop talking and get to the task” the voice told me.

I looked around and something hit me over the head. I fell to the floor… or what I thought was the fall, the bottom of the floor had disappeared and I fell straight through. I screamed in horror and landed on something hard. I groaned and stumbled to my feet. In front of me a man with short black hair and a red cloak. “Follow me” he told me motioning for me to follow him.

I of course was stupid enough to follow him, the guy led me to a cave and motioned for me to go in. I looked at him in shock. “What’s in there” I asked not taking my eyes off him.

The man smirked at me and raised his hand, I flew into the cave and the darkness encased me. “Choices” a male voice whispered to me.

I stood up and held my hands out in front of me, hoping I didn’t bump into anything. When I entered a room full of mirrors, there passage behind me sealed off. I looked around and saw a piece of parchment on a small opening in the cave. I walked over and picked it up.

If you’re reading this then it means you have made it to the first task.

                      Every princess that has passed through here has made a choice that will affect them and others around them. This is your task, choose the correct choice. If you choose the wrong choice then you and everyone around you will suffer. But choose the correct choice and you and everyone around you will be rewarded.

I sighed, so this is my task. ‘Be smart about this Charlie, you can do this” I thought to myself. I walked over to the mirror and an image appeared.

The image was from when I was with my family, so this was one of my choices go back home like nothing happened. But I knew the consequence to that one, the boys would be drove insane and they would most likely kill the whole kingdom or they would be forced to mate with someone else

I shook my head I couldn’t choose that one.

The next image was of the boys and me, we were happy, I was happy. They were the kings and I was there princess. But my family missed me.

I looked around and noticed these were my only choices. I shook my head. “This test is a trick, every option has an advantage and a disadvantage, and you can’t make yourself happy whilst trying to make others happy. So I choose the second option, my family may miss me but it’s what’s best for the kingdom” I shouted.

I felt something appear in my hand, I saw it was a key. I looked over at the mirrors and saw they looked like doors now. I ran to the second door and unlocked it.