The Final Task

The final task

Charlie's point of view

Waking up in encased darkness, I had hoped that it had all been a dream and that I would wake up at the castle with the boys there to comfort me from this horrid nightmare. But once again I have the worst luck ever.

When I was a child, I used to be afraid of the dark. Afraid of what lurked in the darkness. Dad used to tell me that we are only afraid of what we can't see. So me being the annoying child I am had told him 'that's the point, I'm scared of what I can't see' he had decided that there was no point arguing with me as I was a very stubborn child. So I never really got over it. In my defence I'm never alone so I never had to get over the stupid fear.

Standing up and brushing the dirt off of my dress, I groaned. How much longer will I have to be here. I missed the boys and regretted ever arguing with them. It's not their fault I'm so demanding and selfish. when I get home I'm going to be the princess they want me to be, the princess they need me to be. I should have realised this before I came here by myself, it was a mistake and I've hurt everyone. I'M SO SELFISH!!!!

Looking into the dark abyss, I put my hands out i front of me and continued to walk down the long corridor. Dark whispers surrounded me, tempting me.

'I've seen your heart Charlotte, I've seen seen your darkest hopes and your darkest dreams. I can give you it all, just move into the light' a velvety smooth voice called.

I looked around trying to find the source of the voice but there was no one there. 'Find me Charlotte and you can stay here with me forever' the compelling voice called.

It felt like a mist was sprinkled over me, diminishing any negative thoughts I had about the voice. I saw a ghost like hand each out of the dark abyss, detaching forward I reached for the hand, longing for a sense of security.

I finally snapped out of it when my feet reached the edge of the abyss. but the hand kept moving leaving me behind. 'come on Charlotte come home, come home and be safe. Just jump!' a familiar Bradford accent rang out.

Jumping backwards I moved away from the edge. Zayn wold never tell me to risk my life or end it. He wouldn't hurt the boys because if I died they would feel it and then they would die. It was an illusion, a stupid image placed inside my head, something was trying to kill me.

I moved as far away as I could from the abyss, 'Charlotte come on please come home' the Bradford accent rang out.

'Your not Zayn, Zayn would never tell me to jump, leave me alone. I wanna go home, I want my mates' I shouted. The darkness started to disappear and a door appeared. I ran over to it and flung it open. there i front of me were the boys.

But were they real?

(I was gonna be evil and end it here but I felt guilty about not updating so I carried on just keep scrolling💜💚💛💙❤)

Liam's point of view

The boys and I were all sat on silence, there was nothing to talk about. Our silence was interrupted when the star flew open. We all looked up and saw Charlie!

But she looked different she had a haunted look in her eyes. I stood up and she stumbled back. 'Stay away from me!' she shrieked.

I have her a heartbroken look and Louis held his hands out i front if him before approaching Charlie. 'Charlie what's wrong, please I won't hurt you' Louis begged her in a broken voice.

Charlie looked at us shocked. 'Is this real, please tell me your real' she begged before falling to her knees.

I zoomed over to her and picked her up, breathing in her scent to calm me down. 'Your back' i whispered before walking over to the boys.

They all stroked her head and I noticed that she was quiet. I looked down at the angel in my arms and stifled a laugh as u saw her and Louis pulling faces at each other.

It was good to have her back .