found

Found

Sprinting down the corridor, my best friend Lottie laughed at me. “Not funny Lottie, I’m late for class and we have assembly again in 10 minutes now come on” I snapped at her. She sighed and we ran to the hall. We sat right at the back. We hated being at the front.

Sometimes the vampire lost control. It happened once. To a girl named Maria, she was such a nice girl, she never did anything wrong. She was just in the wrong place at the wrong place.

Ok back onto the assembly thingy. The point of these assemblies are one vampire from each coven comes and finds there mate. They could come at any point during the day.

Oh I forgot to tell you my names Charlie and I’m 18 years old. I have long brunette hair and piercing green eyes with golden specks. I also have pale skin.

“Ladies and gentlemen, todays the day; the open day where all the vampires come to find their mates. But one male vampire has already found his mate. Charlotte Marie come here” the head master announced. Lottie froze; you see Lottie’s real name is charlotte Marie. But we call her Lottie because my real name is charlotte to.

Lottie gave me a hug and slowly walked to the front of the hall. We all saluted her and she nodded to us all. We did this because it gave the chosen person a sense of courage. The door slammed open and a vampire came in, he froze and then took Lottie by the hand. He then dragged her out.

The head master cleared his throat. “Now off to class” he told us.

I sighed and walked off to biology. Sophia sat next to me and hugged me. “I’m so sorry about Lottie, but she’ll be happy now” Sophia told me. I nodded and put my head on the desk.

“Today class we will be learning about (a knock sounded on the door) excuse me class” the teacher said walking out.

Sophia made me sit up and she started plating my hair. “I don’t understand Charlie” she told me. I looked at her. “What don’t you get soph” I asked her. She looked at the floor.

“Why girls just get taken” she told me shyly.

I sighed. “Girls get taken because vampire’s need mates, they need something to keep the human. It saves people’s lives. They feed off of their mates. They can’t kill their mates so it keeps there mate safe to” I explained to her.

She nodded and hugged me. “I’m going to miss you when we get chosen Charlie” she told me. I smiled at her.

“I’ll miss you to soph but don’t worry, we’ll always be safe with our mates” I told her. She nodded and our biology teacher came in. “Charlie” he told me. I looked up and he pointed to the door. I grabbed my bag and hugged Sophie. “Please don’t leave me Charlie” she begged. I moved away from her. “It’s ok Sophie. I’ll be safe, when you find your mate he’ll look after you. Promise me you’ll behave” I told her. She nodded and I walked to the door. The class saluted to me and I nodded.

I walked out of the class and came face to face with my mates, well mate because only one mate could come.

“Charlotte, I can’t believe we finally found you, I’m Liam” he told me. I looked up and Liam and gave him a weak smile. “Can you please call me Charlie” I asked him. He nodded and took my hand lightly.

“Let’s go” he told me. I nodded and then remembered. Martian. I stopped,

“Can I leave a note is someone’s locked, just to say good bye” I asked him. He nodded and I ran to Martian’s locker. I pulled a piece of paper and wrote

Found my mate, love you Martian. Tell mum and dad I love them xoxoxox Charlie.

I folded it up, put it in his locker. “Who did you say goodbye to” Liam asked me. I sighed and looked up at him. “My brother” I told him. He nodded and took my hand and led me outside. He smiled at me.

“Close your eyes and don’t open them till I tell you” Liam told me.

I closed my eyes and the wind whipped round me. I was handed to someone else. “We finally found you” a voice whispered.