•Chapter 1: The Underworld•

As we make our way to the Underworld, we sit in the boat in silence as we think about what could be waiting for us in the days ahead. A few moments ago, Emma randomly passed out and everyone waits for her to wake up while I continue to stare at the darkness that surrounds us.

The silence that surrounds us is broken when Emma jerks awake with a gasp as she sits straight up and looks around in shock. I watch as Mary Margaret and David comfort her before I look over to Katherine, who's sitting next to me with an expressionless look on her face with tear stains on their cheeks as she stares ahead of her, looking at nothing. After staring at her for a long, silent moment, I begin to pray that we can do the heart split thing with Sam.

"Hey," I hear someone whisper, causing me to turn to see Robin looking at me with concern in his eyes, "you okay?"

"As good as I can be," I answer, "why?"

"Well, you've just lost two people in one day."

"Thanks for the reminder."

"And you're crying."

My eyebrows come together in confusion before I bring my hand to my cheek. When I pull my hand away, tears sit upon it.

Before we can continue our conversation, Rumpelstiltskin announces our arrival. I look in front of us to see a poorly lit dock as goosebumps begin to form on my arms. Once the boat comes to a stop, we all get off and begin to walk along the dock. I can feel my heart beat faster and faster as we continue into the fog. An eerie orange light glows in front of us as the fog begins to clear before we come to a stop and stare around in silence at the Underworld. Once we take it in, we continue to slowly walk down the street.

"How is this possible?" Emma asks, "how does the Underworld look like Storybrooke?"

"Your questions are pointless," Rumpelstiltskin hisses, "all that matters is, all these people in this Underworld are dead and trapped because they have unfinished business."

"So anyone with unfinished business stays here?" I question.

"Did I not just make that clear?" he grunts.

As we continue to walk through the streets of fake Storybrooke, hear a familiar engine roar before the old-fashioned, black and white car zooms by.

"Cruella," Emma gasps.

"That's right," Rumpelstiltskin states, "and she's here because of you. And I imagine there are many here because of all of us. Let's not lollygag."

"Split up," Emma tells us, "we'll cover more ground."

Katherine and I stand there in silence as we watch everyone split into groups of two before making their way in different directions in search of Hook. As soon as they're out of sight, Katherine and I walk to Granny's in hopes of seeing a familiar face.

***

"Tell me more about your brother and his girlfriend," I told Felix as we sat up in the tree, watching the sunset.

"Well, Fletcher was one of the nicest guys around. You guys would have gotten along really well," Felix said with a smile, "he was always there for me whenever I needed him. He was good looking, too."

"Weren't you guys twins?"

"What's your point?"

I laughed as he looked at me with a smile.

"What about his girl?" I asked.

"Harper," he whispered, "she and Fletcher were perfect together. She was the light of his life. She was kind and took care of everyone in need. She was our childhood friend and mine and Fletcher's first crush."