•Chapter 13: Siblings•

The day after saying goodbye to Snow and Ruby, I find myself and Felix sitting on the couch as David and Killian give us a lecture, trying to hide how embarrassing this actually is. As they continue their rant, I glance over at Sam, Katherine, Austin, and Henry, who are sitting on the stairs with huge smiles on their faces before I look at Emma to see an amused look on her face. When the door swings open and Regina walks in with a somewhat distressed look on her face, I let out a sigh in relief.

"Thank the lord," I say under my breath as their attention turns to her.

My attention follows everyone else's when Regina begins to explain the situation between her sister and Hades. Once she finishes telling us the story, everyone goes silent, unable to respond

"Zelena is in love?" Emma finally asks, breaking the silence.

"And not thinking rationally," Regina adds, "which for her is a big problem."

"We have to stop her," Killian states, "and if you can't because she's your blood, then allow me."

As the adults continue to have their conversation, my eyes land on Sam to see the expression on his face a mix of fear and sadness. When his eyes land on me and he tries his best to smile, I gesture for him to meet me outside and, as Sam reluctantly makes his way down the steps, I tell Felix I'll be right back before I walk with Sam out the door and quietly close it behind me.

"What's wrong?" I question.

"Nothing," he responds, causing me to send him an unconvinced look before he lets out a sigh, "I saw my mother."

"What? When?"

"When I went to the telephone booth yesterday."

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"You were kinda busy with the whole Felix thing."

"Right," I respond, "what happened?"

"She barely looked at me," he answers, "and, when she did, all she wanted me to do was convince Henry to write her back to life."

"What did you do?"

"Nothing. I didn't say a word."

"You can't really blame yourself. She treated you like you were nothing."

"But she's still my mother. Not that I would tell Henry to bring her back. But I should have said something. I owe her that."

"You owe her nothing," I state before he gives me a small smile just as the door opens and we're greeted by David.

"I'm going to get some groceries," he tells us, "I'll be back in fifteen minutes. Make sure no one gets themselves killed."

We laugh just as he exits and Killian appears with a determined look on his face.

"Going to get Cora," he says.

"Don't get killed," I laugh.

"No promises."

As Killian exits the building, Sam and I go back into the loft and hang out upstairs with our Katherine, Austin, Felix, and Henry.

***

After about twenty minutes, everyone else who was downstairs is gone except for Emma. She's just staring at a picture of our parents when the door opens to reveal David and a bag of baby stuff. When he doesn't acknowledge our presence upstairs, I quietly stand up and look over the railing, trying to stay unnoticed.

"Everything okay?" he asks Emma.

"Yeah," Emma answers, "just thinking about Mom. I hope she's okay without us."