Chapter 8

***3 months later***
My pov
My job is going well, me and Keith are doing well, honestly life is well. I was getting ready for this big dinner with my job. I had on this beautiful powder blue dress. I loved it! Keith walked in.
"Does this look cute?" I asked.
He stared at me for a while.
"It makes you look bigger, and too much chest out you look like a slut. Change it." He said as he threw a black dress to me.
I rolled my eyes.
"You're always like this." I said. "I'm wearing it."
He walked up towards me.
"You will not go anywhere with me dressed like a whore. Do you hear me!" He yelled as he inched towards my face.
"Yes Keith. Can you get out so I can change." I said as I looked down. "Please?"
"Hurry up y/n,"' he commanded as he walked out.
I slipped on the dark green dress that was kinda fitted but not too fitted, I don't want to set Keith off. He'll think I'm sleeping with one of the basketball players. I slipped on my gold heels and walked out.
   **At the dinner**
"Don't embarrass me Y/n." He said as he grabbed my wrist.
I jerked my wrist away from him.
"What is wrong with you Keith!" I said.
"Don't start y/n" he said.
I got quiet and just walked beside him. Kelly walked up.
"Y/n!" He said.
"Hey Kel." I said.
Me and him hugged, in the corner of my eye I saw Keith's mean glare.
"Why you looking so sad girl it's your night! And you looking pretty." Kelly said.
"Look man chill out with that shit, she don't need you telling her she looks pretty." Keith said sharply.
"Keith please don't start." I said as I looked at him.
Kelly rolled his eyes.
"Alright girl I'll see you around." He said as he walked away.
"I told you nothing was going on with me and Kelly! If he wants to talk to me he can!" I said.
I walked off and left him. What a wonder way to start this night.
    **2 hours later**
I was speaking with the coaches and staff.
"It's nice to finally meet you guys, I'm ready to get on the court!" I said.
"It's nice to meet you Ms.Y/L/N." Mr.Brooks said as he shook my hand.
"I'm gonna work hard, and make sure I get your guys back on the court as soon as possible when hurt." I said assuringly.
"Of course you are, I've heard great things about you." He said. "I'm glad Kelly referred you to us."
"Me too, Kelly is such a nice man." I said smiling.
"You're all he talks about." He said chuckling.
"Really?" I said laughing.
"Yes ma'am." He said laughing.
"How long have y'all know each other?" He asked.
"3 months, well since that interview gone had." I said as I chuckled.
"It's seems like y'all have known each other longer than that." He said
"Yeah me and him are very close." I said smiling.
"Well imma let you go, enjoy!" He said.
"I will!" I said.
He walked away as Kelly approached me.
"We have to take a pic y/n." He said.
"I don't know, it might set Keith off." I said.
"Man don't nobody give a fuck about what he gotta say, all I know is this if he puts his hands on you it's gone be a problem." Kelly said.
"You don't have you worry, Kel , he's a really nice guy." I said.
"I don't like how he talks to you. Look at that bruise on your arm." He said.
"It's nothing, me and Jose were messing with each other and he punched me." I said lying. Keith had grabbed me roughly and shook me.
"Don't lie to me y/n." He said.
"I'm not." I said.
"Alright. Give me a hug girl." He said.
He hugged me.
"Aye Ben can you take this picture?" Kelly asked Ben.
"Yeah man." Ben said as he grabbed his phone. "So this is the famous Y/n." 
"Yep." Kelly said laughing.
We took the picture.
"Nice to meet you Y/n, I'm Ben Simmons. Welcome to the team." He said smiling.
Keith walked up.
"Hey babygirl." He said as he put his hand on my hip.
  **Kelly's POV**
Y/n just totally got shook up.
"Hello baby."she said as she kissed his cheek.
I saw him grip her arm.
"Why you got her arm so tight man you gone break her arm." I said frowning up.
"Look do us a favor mind your own business and shut the fuck up!" Keith said.
"You guys stop it!" Y/n said as her eyes got big.
"You ever put your hands on her or do as much as to leave a small bruise on her I will fuck you up, you hear me!" I said as I got in his face.
"Kelly stop!" Y/n said. "Please!"
I backed up.
"I think we should leave Y/n."Keith said as he started pulling her to the exit.
"Okay, Bye guys. Let me know when you make it home!" She said as she left.
"You ain't tell me she was with Keith Powers! That man is crazy. You remember Tonya Kennedy? He totally disfigured her whole face." Ben said.
"I knew something wasn't right."  I said. " He has hit her."