The Unlikely Team Vol. 2

I finished examining my shoulder and looked at Rocket, who aimed his tablet at what appeared to be a Ravager. I shrank back as I knew that Ravagers were the ones who held me captive for years until I finally gave in to their ways of stealing.

This Ravager looked different, though. He wasn't some alien freak who had scars all over his body. He was Terran. Still, I had to be cautious.

Just then, a green-skinned lady grabbed something from him, and ran off with it. Rocket raced off to get the small object, which he explained was worth a ton of credits. He then climbed up her body, snatched the small silver sphere then threw it to me. The Ravager saw me catch it, then started sprinting toward me. I ran toward him, then at the last second, I dropped down and, skidding on the side of my sneaker and hand, swung out my leg and knocked his feet out from under him. He went sprawling as I pushed myself up and ran toward Rocket.

Then green lady jumped off the walkway above me and landed on my back. I stumbled forward as she scooped up the Orb from my hands. I fell down hard on my stomach. I watched as green lady ran in the opposite direction with the Orb.

I was picking myself up when the man who I tripped ran at me and kicked me in the face as hard as possible. My head then slammed into a glass wall, then I blacked out. Before I blacked out, I heard him shout:

"Payback, bitch!"

I came to as I was being lifted off the ground by a yellow energy beam. I dared to look down, where I had been. Where my face was, a small pool of blood was present.

As I glanced around me, I saw Rocket's gun on the floor, Groot regrowing new arms, green lady unconscious next to me, and Rocket above his gun. Raising my gaze upwards, I saw several Nova Corps craft holding us in the air, their bold blue and yellow markings decorating their craft. Their back fins then spread out, surrounding a small but powerful thruster in the back.

A small speech was stated, but I don't remember much. After the speech, we were lowered to the ground when officers holding energized handcuffs arrived. Everyone except the green lady and I stood up. I collapsed under my weight when I was lowered. The officer cuffed me then helped me up, quietly examining my face.

As I was led to a prison transport, a sharp and excruciating pain slammed into my torso from behind. I let out a small cry as all of my muscles suddenly clenched, making my body stiffen as I fell. Bolts of electricity coursed through my body as spasms of pain overtook me. It lasted only a few seconds, but it caused me to lose control of my power, sending deadly bolts of energy, a mix of my own and the electric energy, towards my officer. Then, as soon as it started, it stopped. Spasms lessened and the electric current decreased drastically as I slowly regained control over my body and heart rate. The loss of my life energy caused me to pass out as I was led to the transport.

Being led to the same transport was the Ravager who shot me:

Peter Jason Quill.