The Grand Entrance and Following Drama

The next thing I remember is being in a large boring room as my information was displayed via holographics:

Name: Desiree Johnson
Age: 32
Species: Homo Sapien
Planet: Terra

I was then placed in a convoy with Rocket, Groot, who I learned was Gamora, and the guy, Peter Quill. The hallway we walked down was littered with wall panels, switches, and pipes. I silently tuned into the conversation taking place:

"What's a raccoon?" Rocket asked.

"What's a raccoon?" It's what you are, stupid." Quill was getting irritated.

"Ain't no thing like me, said me," Rocket stated, pointing to himself.

"So this Orb has a real shiny blue suitcase, Ark of the Covenant, Maltese Falcon sort of vibe. What is it?"

"I am Groot."

The conversation went on, so I didn't bother listening.

After that, we went to the "shower". After Rocket, it was my turn. I was forced to strip down to my bra and panties, then I was blasted by a hot orange liquid for ten brutal seconds.

When that ended, a towel was thrown to me along with a set of orange clothes. I was then shoved into the next room over with Peter and Rocket. I dried off, my back to them as I put on the pants before getting to work on my milk chocolate hair, which went down to my waist. It was shaved on the left side, while at the tips were lavendar and pink, the only sign that I was not normal. When it was almost dry, I turned around while tugging at my shirt to see Peter and Rocket staring at my back. I ignored this, and went to the makeshift seat by the wall to sit by Peter. I didn't want to, but it was a place to lean against. I sat down, cringing a little from pain. The pain caused by my energy, the fact that I killed someone by accident, and that I had been kicked in the face and on my stomach.

"What happened?"

Startled, I glanced over. Peter said that. Also in his early 30s, broad shoulders, about six feet tall, wicked sideburns, wavy hair and blue eyes. Still, this man beat the shit out of me, so I was not very happy.

"You should know: you shot me and kicked me in the face," I managed to barely mumble, hoping the pain didn't show on my face, which it probably was.

"No-well yes. I did shoot you, but how did the officer die?" He looked concerned, probably thinking he was next on my "kill" list.

"Oh. That," I began, "My powers, it overtook me, and I cou-" I inhaled sharply as a little prick of pain hit me. "I couldn't control it."

"Powers? What do you mean?" Peter slightly furrowed his brow as he shifted his gaze from my green eyes down my body.

"I can heal at will. That's all I thought I could do, like Wolverine, without claws!" Peter grinned then high-fived me as I continued. "I guess when the electricity went through me, my power went haywire and my hand happened to be close to the officer, and I accidentally expelled my energy from my hand and killed him."

"What about the scar on your back?" Peter queried.

"You know Yondu Udonta, right?" Peter nodded.

"The arrow?" He asked.

"Yep. The injury I can never heal," I said, recalling the agonizing moments in my life. I tried to escape the Ravagers, and so two other Ravagers caught me, and pinned me to the wall as Yondu's arrow grazed my back. He told me that if I healed it, he would beat me.

"Can you show us the energy?" Quill asked. Rocket agreed.

I nodded, and I concentrated for a moment, the small translucent blue flame coming to life on my pinkie. Peter looked at the light as it danced on the tip of my finger.

Just then, a new type of pain struck me without any precursor. I fell back against the wall, the blue flame dissipated as I groaned and clutched my torso tight. I slammed my eyes shut as the pain overwhelmed my body, causing me to double over in pain. I then realized that I couldn't turn on the wisp on my eye. That was not good considering I needed it then to control my breathing and heart rate. I was not able to control my ability as I went into shock from the pain, barely managing to mouth "help" making me feel as if I was being stabbed everywhere.

Then, a touch. Peter scooted closer to me and set his hand gently on my shoulder opposite him. I shakily turned my head as I slowly opened my eyes, but another wave of pain came in, and I let my head fall back against the wall. Meanwhile, Rocket had jumped to the floor and ran over to me, seeing that I was in even more pain than before.

"Johnson? You ok?" Rocket asked as he was getting a little antsy from the scene.

"Desie? What's wrong?" Peter asked as I trembled from pain. I couldn't talk, or even whisper at this point, so I shook my head.

Peter flickered his gaze from my face to my hair, and he looked worried.

"Desie? Your hair. It's-" Peter began to say.

"Colors are going away." Rocket confirmed my fear.

Now I did look at them, my eye wisp flickering like a candle blown by the wind. My hair shouldn't be doing that. That could only mean one thing. I shuddered violently again as I felt Peter carefully bring me into him to lean against. I couldn't voice my own thoughts to them even as I let a small strangled cry escape.

Then, it hit me. Maybe if I stopped trying to use my energy, the spasms would stop, and I would be able to talk and not tremble. I softly closed my eyes, calmed my mind even as I shook, and stopped trying to summon the wisp.

Suddenly, almost all of the pain stopped, and I let out a gasp as the pain subsided. I relaxed finally, my chest heaving as I inhaled oxygen again. Feeling Peter behind me gave me more comfort as he gently rubbed his hand up and down my arm. Rocket climbed up, and surprised me by giving me a hug. As far as I knew, Rocket was not that kind of character, but I hugged him back.

"Hey. You okay now?" Peter asked. He was still holding me against him.

"Yeah. I think I'm fine," I managed to say. "Probably not gonna be able to use my powers for a couple days, but I feel fine."

"Ok. Lemme help you up. We have to go to our cell," said Peter as he held my hands and carefully hoisted me up.

At first, I could barely stand, but after a minute of walking, I released my hold on Peter's shoulder. I felt a little tug on my pant leg from Rocket.

"Can I sit on your shoulder for a bit?" Rocket asked. "If it doesn't hurt?"