Star-Lard's Ship

First, Drax exited the watchtower top from the broken window. Then the rest of us kind of just jumbled out.

We then sprinted down a hallway that led to the compartments that held our belongings. I snatched my things: my light gray t-shirt, my black jeans, black combat boots, grey hand grips, dark purple overcoat, and my small pocket book of pictures from my childhood.

I glanced over at Peter as he took out his things. He frowned as he began digging through his knapsack.

"That bastard didn't put it back!" he kept on saying. I looked in his bag, and I found the Orb.

"We have the Orb. We'll get on the Milano. Where is it?" I asked, looking at the only Ravager craft in the hangar.

"The orange and blue one in the corner. Wait for me outside," he said, confirming my findings. "Go!"

I nodded silently, motioning for the rest of the "gang" to follow. We all jogged to the Milano and ran inside. Rocket dropped his things down near the cockpit, while I did the same. I sat in the copilot position while Rocket went in the pilot seat. He immediately fired up the Milano's engines, which sounded to me like a car revving its engine.

We flew carefully out of the hangar and out of the Kyln, then brought the Ravager craft to a gentle stop close by.

"Well, how's he gonna get to us?" Rocket asked me as I mutely watched the Kyln.

"He declined to share that information," I said as Drax and Gamora approached us.

"Well, screw this, then! I ain't waiting around for some humie with a death wish. You have the Orb, right?" He looked at Gamora and I.

"Yes," she said as she dug through Peter's bag he had given her. She then frowned as she fished around, finally stumbling upon candy. Rocket looked at me. I dug through my pockets, fingering my small book. I shook my head as Rocket, getting impatient, took his muzzle in his small furry hand as he muffled a growl.

"If we don't leave now, we will be blown to bits," Rocket said as he raised his face from the dashboard.

"No!" I stated firmly as I toyed with my pocketbook.

"We are not leaving without the Orb!" Gamora said with a demanding tone.

Sensing movement from the Kyln, I glanced over. Peter was flying towards us with a helmet which I had heard about. It was metallic with glowing red lenses. When it isn't activated, it is in the form of a small earpiece that you hook behind your ear. When you press the button, the helmet materializes around your face and head quickly and quietly. You press the same button to deactivate it.

"Huh. So he really is Star-Lord. Or should I say Star-Lard," I said in astonishment, getting a snort and a muffled laugh out of Rocket in the process.

I got up from the copilots seat and made my way down to the hatch on the underside of the Milano. The hatch opened, and Peter came up into the ship.

"This one shows spirit. He shall make a keen ally in the battle against Ronan," Drax said as Peter stepped into his ship. "Companion, what were you retrieving?"

Peter dug in his jacket pocket and pulled out a Walkman. He handed it to Drax as he made his way to the large central room in the Milano, where Rocket was. I followed him, curious of what the raccoon was up to. I heard Drax as he stared at Peter in shock.

"You're an imbecile."

I saw Rocket on the floor busily dismantling pieces of the ship.

"Woh, woh, woh! Yoh Ranger Rick! You can't take apart my ship without asking me! See, what is this?"

The two began arguing about bombs and not dismantling the Milano. I silently slipped away to a corner to think. I sat down, my knees tucked to my chest, and closed my eyes. I thought about my new group of crazy friends, the Ravager who was nice to me and all the wacky stuff that had happened to me lately: I was kicked in the face, got electrocuted, killed someone, nearly died several times, made a hole in someone's arm, healed that hole, summoned a bow and arrow, and saved my friends lives.

Then, I slipped into a trance. I was told by god knows who that Peter and I were brother and sister. That he had powers, too. I shook my head, not believing what I was being told. I knew it was true, but I couldn't understand how that was possible. I never knew a boy named Peter Jason Quill existed until what happened on Xandar. Maybe we were both brainwashed? By Yondu? Hidden from each other for years? I started breathing faster. No. No, this can't be true. My mom, Claire Johnson? She never said anything about me having a brother.

"Yo! Dessie? You alright?" A voice asked. A masculine voice. Peters voice. I still struggled to comprehend what was happening. How could a space outlaw and Ravager be my brother? My conscience told me that I was right. I had no brother. No family that was alive.

Suddenly, someone shook my shoulders. My eyes flew open, startled. It was Peter. My brother. I was still on the floor, where I had that voice tell me this guy was my brother. The dream still fresh in my mind, Peter offered me his hand. I took it, still with an expressionless look on my face. I stood up as Peter bombarded me with questions.

"Is your energy spasming again? Are you having another episode? Why are you breathing so fast? Is something wrong? Do you need to lie down?"

"I'm fine, thanks," I managed to say as I let go of his hand. I walked to the cockpit and looked outside. There was a giant head that was teeming with small ships and such. I had heard about this place before.

"Knowhere," Gamora said as we approached the giant head.