The Shock that Followed

THIRD PERSON POV

As Desiree's body floated amongst the debris of her mining pod, she thought about her trance she had been in. Her potential brother, Peter looked on, shocked. He thought Gamora was hit, not Dessie.

"Aw, DAMNIT!" Peter grumbled as he fiddled with the communicator.

Gamora and Rocket looked on, but soon began to turn their mining pods around back to Knowhere.

"Yondu! Yondu! This is Quill. My coordinates are two-two-seven-K-three-two-four," Peter said into the comlink.

Rocket turned his ship around. "Quill? Quill!" Rocket cried out in a frantic tone, "What are you doing?"

"Just outside Knowhere. If you're there, come get me. I'm all yours."

Peter then flipped his mask on over his face and, after opening his mining pod's door, kicked on his rocket boosters. He drifted to Desiree's body and held it in his arms. As he watched, her eye wisp finally froze, remaining on her eye, but not moving. He took off his mask, a suicidal move, and hooked the earpiece behind her ear to breath, pressing the button to assimilate the mask. Dessie finally started breathing as Yondu Udonta's massive ship approached.

DESIREE POV

Extending a tractor beam that caught us, Yondu glared at us through a viewport near the energy core of the tractor beam.

We landed inside the ship's hatch, Peter's head falling forward to rest on my shoulder. He wheezed horribly as his body inhaled as much air as possible. I tapped the earpiece, making the mask retreat to its earpieces as my wisp "melted", moving once again.

"Peter," I asked softly as he lifted his head from my shoulder. He looked at me with a  in his eyes.

"I saw you out there. I don't know what came over me, but I couldn't let you die. I found something inside of myself. Something incredibly beautiful," He paused, looking into my gaze.

I rolled my eyes, seeing him making a mock love confession to me. The next thing I felt was Peter's lips press on mine, his hand go to the side of my face. I shuddered, still weak from the explosion on Knowhere, as I tried to push him away. He stayed put, however, ever so slightly leaning his body closer to mine, his eyes closed and his thumb caressing the side of my face. I summoned a small energy wisp in the palm of my hand, hoping he would see it as a warning.

He finally pushed away as he saw the bright energy flame in my hand, threatening to do some damage. He lifted his body off of mine as he first gazed at my eyes, then saw how pissed I was.

"Where's the Orb, Peter?" I demanded, not caring if I raised my voice.

"It's— well, they got it," Peter softly stuttered as he tried to understand why I was mad.

"What?" I asked as I shot up, Peter moving out of the way.

Peter opened his mouth to answer, but then the door leading to a corridor opened. Kraglin and four Ravagers appeared, guns at the ready.

"Welcome home, kids," Kraglin said, holding his weapon in his arms. He motioned to the Ravagers as two tore my body away from Peter roughly, my gaze not meeting his. I didn't try to wiggle out of their grasp, knowing that if I did it might make the situation worse. I was then led down the walkway by my arms by the two Ravagers, Kraglin in the lead.

Let's just say that Yondu Udonta was not happy. The second he saw my face, he glared at me.

"Where the hell have you been, Dess?" Yondu snapped as he approached me.

"Why should you—" I started, but then   my cheek met his blue fist. I let a small cry of pain escape my throat. I moved my head to the side and down slightly as I trained my eyes to the floor.

"You shouldn't have escaped me, girl! That was a bad decision!" Yondu yelled at me as he lowered his head, trying to move my steady stare at the ground. I could feel his red eyes burning into mine as Kraglin and the Ravagers cheered.

I was then moved to the wall, the same wall that I was pinned to all those years ago. Where Yondu's arrow made that scar.

"You've got some explainin' to do, boy!" I heard Yondu raise his voice even louder to Peter.

"I don't have the Orb!" Peter growled, as Yondu just got madder. I saw him look over to me, my green-blue eyes meeting his. He smirked as his men forcefully threw Peter at the wall that I was still held against. He tried to make a run for it, but two Ravagers grabbed his shoulders and shoved him against the wall.

"Let him go!" I shouted as Peter gritted his teeth. Yondu looked at us as I started to struggle from the crew's hold on me. The Ravagers tightened their already painful grip on my arms as I continued struggling, letting my gaze drop to the ground once again.

"You two are somethin' else," Yondu said as Peter glared at him.

Something about what Yondu just said made me freeze. I raised my eyes up in shock as I went over what he called us. "You two." That in itself without the dream was weird. Yondu looked into my eyes as he listened.

"What?" I asked softly as Peter looked at Yondu in confusion.

"Oh. I didn't tell ya guys?" Yondu looked at us questioningly. I didn't move my eyes, afraid that I might miss something.

"Tell us what?" Peter asked, frowning slightly. The entire crew of Ravagers chuckled as Yondu stood before us.

"Tell 'em, captain," Kraglin said, shifting his weapon slightly.

"You are, uh. What's the word?" Yondu asked. A Ravager nearby whispered in Yondu's ear. "Ah! Brother and sister!"

I gasped. So the voice calling to me in the dream was right. I turned my head to Peter, who was already looking at me in astonishment.

"Oh my God." Peter said, finally breaking the silence as Yondu looked at him.

Then, I heard a high pitched whistle. I looked out of the corner of my eye, not moving my head. Yondu was standing squarely in front of me, with his trusty arrow slowly advancing on my throat.

"Noo!" Peter screamed as the arrow inched closer as I felt my heart skip a beat. The arrow stopped at a soft command from Yondu.

"Peter. Oh, you have no idea what you are doin' ta her, do ya?" Yondu asked as his arrow retreated. He looked back at me, a grin forming on his face as the Ravagers pulled me away from the wall, spun me around, and pushed me back to the wall, my back facing Yondu. I began to tremble in terror as I realized that Yondu was dead serious. I turned my head towards Peter, who was looking at me with concern as Yondu began to whistle. However, he turned away, his startled blue eyes lowering down near his throat.

"Who should I kill first?" Yondu asked his men as I saw the arrow less than an inch from Peter. "The brother?" The arrow moved as Yondu whistled again. "Or Dess?"

"Peter!" Kraglin shouted, the other Ravagers cheering in agreement.