Memories

A bag of jelly beans landed next to me. I jumped slightly, then looked up at the hatch. Peter was sticking his head through the hatch, his blue eyes watching me.

"What's the matter?"

"Nothing," I said as I wiped away a tear. Peter reached down and tapped the button. The ladder smoothly glided down, and Peter gingerly stepped down, in case I flung something at him.

"Something's the matter. Come on, you can tell me!" Peter insisted as he sat down next to me. "It's the book, huh?"

I nodded as Peter's arm wrapped around my torso, tugging me closer to him. I let him do so as my gaze didn't budge from the floor.

"That book had all of my memories from Terra. Now, it's gone!" I whispered before crying again. Peter gently hugged me, before saying how he was abducted.

"My mom died from a brain tumor. I ran out of the hospital and into a wide open field. Then Yondu's spacecraft appeared and took me up." Peter said before leaning forward slightly and removing from his pocket a book.

I instantly recognized it as my photo album. I immediately hugged Peter, who gave me a little peck on the cheek.

"Also, I was thinking if you could sleep with me from now on. I might be able to help ya more if you have another nightmare," he said as he reached into his bag of jelly beans and grabbed a couple.

"Sounds ok with me," I replied. "You're hot, anyways!"

He chuckled as I tucked my hair behind my ears. "You're gorgeous, Dess."

I felt myself blush at that. Then I felt Peter's lips on mine. I pulled away, smirking at him as he looked sadly at me.

"You need to earn that, sweetie," I said softly as I teasingly stroked his cheek.

Ugh! Fine." Peter said, clearly frustrated with me. I quietly opened my book and flipped through the pages. Peter looked over as I gently leaned into him. He smiled as he felt me snuggle close.

"Wanna see some photos?" I asked as he draped an arm around me. He nodded, and I showed him the photos.

A/N: I WILL DRAW THE PHOTOS!!! I WILL TRY!!!

After I finished, he looked as if he was going to cry.

"Wow," he said. "No wonder you cared so much about it."

I sighed, remembering those times. The times when I didn't need to worry about not having a place to sleep or not having any food to eat. Peter looked at the monitor on the wall and tapped an icon. Popping a couple jelly beans into his mouth, he motioned towards it. I glanced over at the reading, which said it was nighttime on the nearest planet.

"Time to go to bed?" I asked softly as a smile appeared on Peter's face. He nodded slowly as his blue eyes sparkled.

"I might have another episode tonight, possibly without a nightmare. Do you really wanna deal with me?" I queried, studying his face carefully.

"Yes. Anything to help you out," he replied as he stopped by the stairs and motioned for me to come up. I stepped up the ladder and saw Rocket holding Groot's pot heading into his room.

"Goodnight, Rocket. See ya in the morning," I said as I walked into Peter's room.

"Good night, Dess."

I saw my belongings in Peter's room and slipped into my clothes. After I tucked them away into my bag, I crawled into bed. I snuggled close to Peter and fell asleep.

However, I woke up to intense pain, mainly from my torso. I groaned softly as I clutched my middle, trying to stop the pain. Peter woke up soon. He saw me next to him, and immediately sat up.

"Dess?" Peter asked as he gingerly propped me up against his chest. I cringed as he moved me, then felt all the pain surge. I fell back against him as I was partially paralyzed from the sudden pain.

Then, all the pain was directed towards my hands. I whimpered as I pressed my hands close to my chest, shutting my eyes and trying to hone in on where the pain was.

I felt it all in a blob on my hands. I dared to look at my hands. There was a large circle, with static energy coursing around it. I got out of bed and stood up.

"Peter! Please do not touch me. I may hurt you!" I said worriedly, standing away from the bed. He looked at my hands, which were sparking static.

"You can't hurt me, Dessie!" Peter stated as he began to get out of bed. I slowly backed away, watching in terror as he began making his way towards me. I continued backing up until I bumped lightly against the wall.

"No. Peter, stop. I am still unstable," I said shakily as the distance between us lessened. He placed his hands softly on the wall space next to my head, one on either side.

"Back. Off." I said, getting angry. I tried to go under his arm and to the hatch, only he leaned up against the wall ahead of me. I took the new opportunity to go around him and then leave, but he spun around, gently grabbed me by the waist, and pressed his body to mine. A moment later, his hand lightly cupped my cheek and his lips made contact with mine. I struggled for a bit, trying to push Peter away, before I gave in, melting into him. I felt his hand slowly go down my sleeve. The second it reached my hand, I heard him gasp in pain. I immediately broke the kiss, alarmed as I saw his blue eyes staring at me in horror. 

"Peter?" I asked. Peter's hand was bloody. Gashes could be seen, the inner flesh exposed. I helped him to the bed and sat him down, before racing over to where my handguards were. I slid them on and then went back to the bed. I placed my hands over Peter's shaking one, well aware of the fact that I was still very weak from almost dying only days before. 

I shut my eyes as I extended my healing factor to him, shuddering as I did so. I felt his pain as his body slowly relaxed, the pain going away. The second I sensed the skin reattach, I stopped the energy flow. I fell back against him, breathing quickly, as he wrapped his now healed hand around me. 

After about a minute of calming down, I pushed myself up onto the bed and fell asleep.