Drunk Friends Don't Get Along

"Thousands of years ago, the Tivan Group sent miners to this place..." Gamora began, but I didn't need the history. As I began to fix my hair in a loose side braid, I was amazed at how surreal it looked. The spine was still attached to the head, and you could clearly see where the eyes, nose and gaping mouth once were. It was very neat to see Knowhere with my own eyes, but my brain was still reeling from that weird daydream.

Once Peter landed the Milano, we off boarded and made our way towards the marketplace, where many different species and humanoids were busily walking and carrying various things.

"Watch your wallets," Peter called out to us. I saw a small group of children pass by, asking for any credits. I leaned over and gave each of them one credit. It wasn't a lot, but it gave the children something. The last of them, a little girl, stopped and looked up at Groot. He grew a beautiful small flower and presented it to the girl, who smiled as he slowly lumbered off.

"Your buyer's in here?" Rocket asked as we walked to a rather sketchy bar.

"We are to wait for his representative here," Gamora said as a bar bouncer flung a patron out, yelling at him.

"This is no respectable establishment. What do you expect us to do while we wait?" Drax asked. Literally two minutes later, he and Rocket were intoxicated. Peter and I quietly began walking out, with Gamora staying behind to keep an eye on them.

"My Orloni has won, as I win at all things! Now, let's put more of this liquid into our bodies!" Drax exclaimed as his Orloni won.

"That's the first thing you said that wasn't bat-shit crazy!" Rocket yelled. I then slipped out on the bar's small balcony with Peter.

We went to the railing, and looked out at the endless expanse of the cosmos. It was a mix of reds, yellows, blues and greens with tiny flickering stars splattered about.

"Man, you wouldn't believe what they charge for fuel out here. I might actually lose money on this job." Peter said, trying to start a conversation, but failing awkwardly. I silently smiled, still looking at the star clusters and nebulae.

"So what happened on the ship?" Peter quietly asked as he stood next to me, his blue eyes reflecting the vast expanse of stars and small solar systems as he looked around.

"Jeez, I honestly have no clue. I do meditate often, but this time, it was different. I saw what I think may be the truth," I tried to explain, but even I was still confused by the faceless voice that called to me.

I looked down, trying to clear my mind. I felt Peter shift his admiring gaze to me. I wanted to tell him, but I didn't think he would believe me. I wouldn't believe me at this point.

"What? Truth about what?" Peter asked, his eyes searching mine as he gently brushed a lock of hair from my face. I raised my green eyes to his face, hoping he wouldn't be able to read my face.

"If I told you, you'd laugh and think I'm lying," I finally said, looking back at the vivid view.

He turned my body to face him, his hands resting on my shoulders. "I trust you, Desiree."

"Ok," I began to say. "Well-"

Just then, Gamora shouted at us.

Groot and Drax were fighting each other. Peter and I rushed inside to try to break up the fight. Groot started to grow branches around Drax's throat. Drax immediately tore it apart as Rocket, possibly more intoxicated than Drax, stepped in.

"Stop it!" Gamora yelled, trying to calm the drunkards down.

"Woah, woah! What are you doing?" I shouted as Rocket almost shot Drax.

"This vermin speaks of affairs he knows nothing about!" Drax yelled behind Peter.

"That is true!" Rocket screamed.

"He has no respect!"

"That is also true!"

"Hold on! Hold on!" Peter tried to intervene.

"Keep on calling me vermin, tough guy! You just wanna laugh at me like everybody else!"

"Rocket, you're drunk! Alright? Nobody's laughing at you!" I called to him.

"He thinks I'm some stupid thing! He does! Well, I didn't ask to get made! I didn't ask to be torn apart, and put back together, over and over and turned into some... some little monster!" Rocket yelled.

"Rocket, no one's calling you a monster!" I said. "You are not a monster!"

"He called me vermin!" He said, pointing to Drax. "She called me rodent!" Pointing to Gamora. "Let's see if you can laugh after five or six good shots TO YOUR FRICKIN' FACE!" He shrieked as he armed and aimed his quadruple barrel gun right at me.