eleven | FAMILY

WARNING

coNFUSING PLOTLINES

okay but yeah

more sexuality confusion

brief mention of MISS GRUNDY EW GROSS

and yeah

alSO FP JONES

YAY

enJOY MY TRASH

also i'll give 4849 cookies to anyone who notices something...peculiar about Luna's birthday

***

"Auntie?"

"Well, you see, about that-"

The woman before her, as Luna recognized, was Aunt Ophelia.

Luna had known her since she was a baby, and had stopped seeing her abruptly when she had turned 13.

"Are you here to be my guardian now?"

"Luna-"

Aunt Ophelia's smile had now turned to a frown.

"What's wrong?" Luna asked, furrowing her brows.

Her Aunt took her hand and brought her to the small living room, sitting down and squeezing her hand.

"Luna, I'm not your Aunt."

"What are you talking about?" Luna snorted. "I've known you since I was a baby."

"I know that, but I'm not your Aunt."

Luna frowned, "Then who are you?"

"I'm not sure how to tell you this," Ophelia chuckled. "not many people have experience in telling the person who's come to know them as their aunt, that you're really their mom."

Luna shook her head, pulling her hand away, "Excuse me? I'm - I'm confused."

"Luna, I'm your mom."

Luna shook her head more harshly, "No, no, you aren't my mom. You're my aunt, and my mom died on the day I turned 14. We were going to -  to my birthday dinner."

"That's what you think Luna, have you ever wondered why you stopped seeing me when you turned 13?"

Luna shook her head even harder if that was even possible, and now she began to cry.

"What?"

"On the day you were born - I couldn't have you. I couldn't raise you."

Ophelia turned and looked and Luna's expression, but it was hard to see as her head was turned down and her face was covered in tears.

The gist of the story?

Luna was born in Riverdale on October 2nd, 2001, to Ophelia Marie Martinez.

However, due to unforeseen circumstances, Ophelia was not able to raise Luna and instead she gave her to her sister, Emery Malkova Martinez, with an agreement to tell Luna the truth on her 13th birthday.

That day rolled around, however, Emery decided it wasn't the right time to tell Luna, and she refused to disclose why.

In fear that Ophelia might tell Luna the truth, Emery stopped their weekly visits to 'Aunt Ophelia's' house.