twenty-six | FINALE

also i love how josie and the pussycats were not even mentioned in this book kms, but they're in this chapter so that makes up for it ???

Unbeknownst to the six, truly disturbed, teenagers, Cliff Blossom had already hung himself in the maple syrup barn.

When Luna had figured this out, she didn't know how to feel.

She wanted to console Cheryl, but she also knew that she would probably want to be alone to grieve. 

She was just that type of person.

Child Services was making Jughead leave to the Southside, and he seemed pretty happy there.

It had been a while after the Cliff news had broke, not too long but not too early either.

Luna was sitting in her bedroom, finishing up some school work (a portion she was behind on) and simultaneously listening to music.

The music was very loud and consequently, she wasn't able to hear when the door opened.

Her mom touched her shoulder to get her attention, causing her to jump about 12 feet in the air.

She lowered the volume.

"Oh, hey, Oph-, mom. Hey, mom," Luna smiled a little and Ophelia pursed her lips, trying to hide a smile of her own.

"I could hear that music from downstairs," she chuckled. "how are you doing, with all this happening?"

Luna took a deep breath, "I think I'm taking it pretty well, I'm just worried about FP and Cheryl." 

"He got a plea deal, immunity," Ophelia sat down on the bed across from Luna.

"In exchange for what?" Luna furrowed her brows, taking out her earbuds.

"Well, it was discovered that Cliff was running an underground drug business and giving the goods to people in Canada. He was using the maple syrup industry as a front," Ophelia said.

"So when Jason found out..." Luna raised a brow.

"He didn't want to be apart of it, so he was killed," Ophelia scoffed and shook his head. "poor boy, by his own father."

Luna rubbed her nose, "Did you ever find out what drug he was selling specifically?"

"Why in god's name would that matter."

"I don't know, I'm just...curious?"

"Luna, don't do drugs."

"Don't worry, I'll only do the legal ones."

Ophelia gently slapped her shoulder and Luna laughed, "Joking."

"Maybe."

She shook her head, "But, yeah, the immunity was in exchange for him telling them the names of the Serpents who were selling Cliff's drugs. He said it wasn't his guys and he wasn't a snitch."

Luna crossed her arms, "I wish he'd just take the deal."

"We all do."

There was a comfortable silence for a while.

"But, um, I came here to talk about something else," Ophelia sighed. "I want you to leave Riverdale with me."

Luna was caught off guard, "Leave? Are you planning on going?"

"Yes, this was a temporary trip, I have a life back home, and I want you to be apart of it," Ophelia licked her lips. "I understand you have a life here now, and if you don't want to go, but please, consider it."