twenty-two | HOMECOMING

warning: chapter includes some homophobic hate slurs

Luna was actually quite anxious for tonight.

Homecoming was here, and she was not prepared at all.

With everything that had happened...it just seemed like time had flown by completely.

She stood in front of her father's door, her arm hovering just before the door in a fist, preparing to knock.

Luna looked down, is this the only reason you go there? To question him? He's your father.

She shook her head and turned to walk away, only to be stopped by a voice calling her name.

FP's.

Luna turned around to see the door had opened, "Oh, hi."

She smiled and so did he.

"Well, what are you doing out here? I didn't even hear you knock," he smiled, gesturing for Luna to come inside the house, and she did exactly that.

"I don't know why, I guess it was just...soft," she scratched the back of her neck sheepishly and went to sit on a couch.

FP sat across from her, "So, what brings you here? More questions?"

Wow, he even anticipated it. 

"Actually yes, but-"

She stopped mid-sentence, trying to find her words and looking around frantically for a topic to talk about.

Suddenly, it popped into her head.

"Homecoming! Yes, yes, I mean, I also came here to talk about that. Going to Homecoming," Luna smiled.

"Really?" he raised an eyebrow. "what are you wearing?"

"Oh," Luna frowned. "I don't know."

"Listen, doll, I would talk you shopping but-"

"Wait! No! I didn't come here for money, I just-"

Luna slumped, sighing, "I just want to talk."

"Okay," FP smiled warmly and reached out to touch her knee. "talk about anything."

Luna nodded, "I'm excited about Homecoming."

"I can tell," he laughed, putting both hands on his own knees.

"Yeah," she smiled. "and I'm taking my girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?"

And it had suddenly occurred to her that she had never told FP she was dating a girl and had just outed herself unintentionally.

"Y-yeah, girlfriend," Luna let out a shaky breath.

"Oh! Wait, no, I didn't mean that in a bad way. I'm just, surprised. You never told me you were...gay."

"I'm not gay," Luna corrected.

"Bisexual then, sorry," he apologized.

"I'm...not that either."

"Pansexual?"

"That's a thing, wow? I should look this up," Luna noted out loud.

FP laughed, "Okay then, what are you?"

"I-I don't know, honestly," Luna shrugged, smiling sadly. "I guess for now I don't use labels. But I know that I like Cheryl, right now, and that's all that matters, right?"