thirteen | TRUTH

"What the hell were you thinking?!"

Everything was still very blurry.

And everything hurt a lot, especially her head.

Luna's eyes fluttered open to reveal the shimmering oak eyes of Archie Andrews.

"Are you kidding me? Luna! Luna?" Archie went from angry to concerned in the blink of an eye.

Luna was still groggy and she quite honestly had no idea what was happening.

"Ar-Archie?"

"Yes, dumbass!"

Luna furrowed her eyebrows and tried to sit up, she flattened her palms against the ground only to bring them up again swiftly.

Dirt?

So she really did fall into the water?

She really – she was really going to just die?

"What were you thinking?" Archie said much more softly now.

He sat her up against a tree and prompted to sit beside her.

Archie looked at Luna in a concerned way when her breathing turned ragged.

"You okay?"

"Kind of," Luna half smiled. "I've always had breathing problems."

"You have?" Archie nodded.

"Yeah, I have medicine for it, but I guess with everything happening I've forgotten."

"Understandable," Archie said. Then he decided to ask the question that Luna herself didn't know the answer to. "so why?"

Luna looked up at the red-haired boy with knitted purple brows, "What?"

"Why? You could have easily kicked to the surface, but you didn't. So why?"

Luna didn't know, honestly.

Why didn't she kick?

Why didn't she fight?

She buried her face into Archie's letterman jacket and started to cry.

How had everything gotten so screwed up?

With her brother dying, and Cheryl, and her multiple family issues.

Archie closed his eyes, "We're screwed, aren't we?"

Luna laughed, to her it felt like the first time in a long time.

She nodded, "Damn right."

She then decided that she needed to confide in someone, anyone and that Archie had already seen her almost let herself die.

So what was the point in holding everything in?

"Archie-kins? I have some things to tell you."

Archie looked down at Luna as she told him everything.

By the end of Luna's confessions, she was crying.

"Wait, so your 'mom'," he said that with quotations. "is actually your aunt? And your 'aunt'," he also said that with quotations. "is actually your mom?"

"Don't forget I'm pretty sure FP is my biological father and Jughead is my half-brother," Luna closed her eyes to stop the stinging tears.

"And you're also trying to figure out your sexuality?" Archie leaned back into the tree as Luna nodded. "well damn, and I thought my life was complicated."

"Hey," Luna laughed. "let's not compare problems here."

Archie joined in the laughing before sobering up, "Geez, I'm sorry that you have to deal with all that, Lune."