fourteen | DATE

"Where are you going?"

Luna almost jumped out of her skin when she heard the 4 words that came from her doorway.

She immediately covered her chest out of instinct, as she was in the middle of changing when the person called her name.

She finally turned to face the doorway, only to find Ophelia leaning against the frame and smiling contently. 

"I remember my first date."

"What!? No, this isn't a date," Luna explained a little defensively.

Luna took her hands away from her chest and searched for a shirt to put on. 

"Then why are you so nervous?" Ophelia asked.

"What do you mean? I'm not," Luna frowned, looking through the pile of clothes on her bed.

"Really? Why are you being so picky with clothes then?" Luna frowned at that and sighed, covering her face. Ophelia smiled, picking up a black and red cold shoulder flannel. "how about this?"

Luna smiled slightly, taking the shirt from Ophelia and putting it on.

She fixed herself in the mirror and when she was satisfied, started to look for pants.

"Black?"

"Black."

Ophelia held up some leggings of the aforementioned color and Luna put them on, happy with her look and began to put on some black booties.

"Care to tell me who the lucky lad is?" Ophelia asked.

Lad. Just add a "y".

This was not a date, by any means.

No, no, it couldn't be, right? Unless Cheryl wanted it to be.

"It's-uh..." Luna had a hard time saying it and she shook her head. "it's nothing."

Ophelia raised an eyebrow and nodded before picking up Luna's clothes, "So where do these go?"

"Just anywhere in the closet, but I can do that," Luna offered.

"No, no," Ophelia smiled. "I'd love to feel useful."

Luna nodded and pursed her lips, listening to Ophelia when she asked her next question.

"So is it a girl?"

"No!"

Luna had said that all too quickly, and it was a lie.

Why was she so ashamed to be going out with a friend?

A friend she had kissed on the bleachers of the school, a friend of whom she thought she was falling for, a friend that was also a girl.

"It isn't a girl," Luna looked down in an ashamed way, glad that Ophelia was too busy putting away her clothes to notice.

"Okay, well why won't you tell me who you're hanging out with," Ophelia chuckled slightly and Luna had a lopsided smile plastered across her face.

"It's just a friend, you probably don't even know her."

"Her? So it's a girl?" Ophelia popped her head out the closet curiously.

"No, no! It isn't a girl! Wait, okay, well it is a girl. But we're just friends," Luna rambled.

Ophelia threw her head back and laughed, "Okay, okay. What's her name?"

"It doesn't matter," Luna shrugged. "but her name is Cheryl."

The smile immediately dropped from Ophelia's face.