nineteen | NEWS

If we were being honest, it very much disturbed Luna that she couldn't read Cheryl.

It actually very much disturbed her that she couldn't read anyone in Riverdale which proved just how screwed up the town really was.

Most of the time, Luna could read almost anyone, it's like they were an open book.

However, everyone in Riverdale was the opposite to an open book, they were a diary that had tens of thousands of locks, so you knew whoever owned it absolutely did not want anyone to be opening their diary.

The most disturbing person in Riverdale, to Luna, was Cheryl.

It seemed like you knew her, she was a cold person, right?

Except not only did the past few weeks that Luna spent with Cheryl prove that theory wrong, but whenever Luna looked at Cheryl, she could never truly see that cold-heartedness reach her eyes.

Cheryl was a shell of herself.

And the best way to keep people out, stop them from invading her, was to be something she was not.

Which meant people would stop at the surface because they thought they knew exactly what they'd see underneath.

They'd never think to look deeper.

To see something they would have never thought of.

A broken, lonely, girl who was begging for someone to just search a little deeper.

"Cheryl..." 

"Stop, please, don't say anything yet," Cheryl looked very frazzled, shaken up, and almost confused and unprepared like she hadn't expected Luna to actually come with her.

She didn't look like herself.

"I'm so sorry, it was selfish of me-"

"Okay, okay," Luna chuckled. "I'm 'gonna let you keep your pride. I'd feel horrible to have you apologize for something you shouldn't be apologizing for."

Cheryl tilted her head to the side and furrowed her brows, opening her mouth but letting no sound come out.

"I'm a selfish bitch. You should be able to come out when you're ready. I should have never pressured you or made you think that just because you weren't comfortable with people knowing yet, you were somehow, I don't know, wrong?" 

Cheryl nodded, pursing her lips to hide the wide smile that was begging to be surfaced.

"Well, I guess I could forgive you..." Cheryl trailed off, a hint of mischief lining her words.

"But..." Luna raised an eyebrow, smiling slightly as Cheryl was already back to her usual ways.

"Maybe you could really make it up to me," Cheryl stepped forward and put her hands on Luna's shoulders. "letting me stay over at your house?"

"Today?" Luna asked, dumbfounded.

"Yeah," Cheryl shrugged. "why not?"

"Um," Luna furrowed her brows. "I'll ask my mom."

"Your mom?" Cheryl asked, intrigued. "you never mentioned your mom being in town."

Mom? Did she really just refer to Ophelia as her mom?

Luna brushed it off, it was easier than referring to her as anything else, right?

"Um, yeah, she came to town fairly recently," Luna nodded.

"Okay," Cheryl nodded too.

Then there was silence.

"We should get to school," Luna suggested and Cheryl chuckled.