ten | PROGRESS

"You don't know?"

Luna had just finished answering Cheryl's question.

She had grabbed her things quickly, right after Betty had called her.

Luna was about to run right past Cheryl, even assuming she had left the building already but she hadn't.

"What's got you running so quickly?" Cheryl had scoffed as Luna's sneakers made a sound, scuffing the floor of the high school as she pulled to an abrupt stop.

Luna turned around, confused that she hadn't already learned the news.

I mean, they did have news about Jason too!

"No, I don't know," Cheryl responded to Luna's previous statement.

She raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms, expecting Luna to tell her what was wrong.

"There's news-"

Luna stopped, assuming Cheryl could infer what was next.

"About Jason?"

"And Anthony."

Cheryl scoffed and shook her head as she muttered under her breath, "Of course they wouldn't tell me."

"What?" Luna asked her, leaning in to hear more closely.

"Nothing," Cheryl looked up at Luna. "how did you find out?"

"Betty. She called me. She's friends with Kevin, the Sherrif's son. And I'm assuming Kevin knew and he spilled the beans," Luna said in a rushed breath, bouncing on her feet as she was eager to leave as soon as possible.

"W-"

"Cheryl! Just come with me!"

Luna grabbed Cheryl's hand, and for a second she stopped breathing.

Cheryl's breath hitched in her throat and she looked up, only to be met with the burning amber eyes of Luna.

For a quick second, she remembered the kiss they had just shared. How it could have been something more, and how she was quite sure she wasn't completely straight now.

But all those thoughts drifted away when Luna shook her head and tugged on Cheryl's arm, simultaneously tugging her back to reality.

"Are you coming?"

"Yes."

And at that they left the school, running out faster than they ever could have.

Especially Luna, who'd barely run her entire life.

They reached Betty's house soon after they had left the school, and Betty was standing outside and pacing neurotically.

When she sensed someone was there, she looked up, only to frown and scoff as she saw Cheryl.

"What is she doing here?" Betty asked, crossing her arms.

Luna didn't know this, but once Cheryl had tried to befriend Betty, only to anger her and be yelled out of her house.

And also the Cooper's and the Blossom's had a long time feud, but that's not as important, is it?

"She's uh," Luna thought about what to say next, sensing Cheryl was a bit uncomfortable.

In an effort to make her feel better, she took Cheryl's hand in her own and smiled to her side, Cheryl doing the same.

"We're friends," Cheryl completed Luna's sentence and squeezed her hand.

Betty didn't scoff, nor did she smile.

After a long silence, Luna spoke up, "So what's the news?"