Chapter 43

Claire exited the plane, instantly turning her phone back on. Locating for her friends was her next objective. "Wendy! WENDY! Over here!" Her head whipped up. Reece was wildly waving one of her arms, while the other held her upright. And, of course, she, and Ciara, were at Starbucks. "Hey, guys." She smiled, hugging them. Being especially carefully with Reece. Though Reece wasn't being careful with her. "O my gosh, you've grown." Claire laughed. "Yep, one inch from five feet." Reece smiled. "So, what's the plan, guys?" She asked, sitting down. "Well, after we take a cab to our place of residence, we have to go grocery shopping. Then, we have no other plans." Ciara stated. "And, tomorrow, we have dinner with Ciara's family." Reece grinned, sipping her French Roast, Salted Caramel mocha. Extra whipped cream. Same, old Reece, I smiled. Ciara continued, after she set her Cinnamon Dolce Latte down, "The next day, we'll have dinner with Reece's family." I nodded. "Shall we get going, then?"

"Ciara, this house is beautifully." I said. (http://www.pinterest.com/pin/432204895461390094/) "It's okay." She shrugged, getting her, and Reece's, duffle bags out the trunk. "Are you kidding? It's amazing." I argued. "Let's just get inside, guys." Reece laughed, starting to hop to the front door. I locked the rental car. A black 2009 BMW 3 series 328I sedan 4D. "Oh, hi!" Reece awkwardly said. I peeked around her head. "AUNT MADDIE!" Ciara squealed, sprinting passed us. While hugging Ciara back, she gave us scrutinizing glares. I stepped in front of Reece, giving her a look, too. "What are you doing here?" Ciara asked, smiling too big. "Well, I just wanted to give you, and your friends, a warm Australian greeting." She said, stiffly. Ciara didn't noticed. "Well, this is Ciara Artolwiski. And, this is my girlfriend, Reece Hopper." I stepped aside, so Reece could be seen. She offered her hand, which Maddie ignored. I just gave her a nod. The chorus to Heaven Can Wait by We The Kings started blasting that moment. "LYRIC...ARIEL MARIA!" Reece squealed, before starting to speak in another lanuage. "Are we not allowed inside?" I asked. Maddie's thin lips into a straight line. But, she stepped aside. "Civil, what's the address?" Reece asked, sitting in the living room. After repeated it to whoever she was speaking to, she hung up. Beaming, so brightly. "Two of my cousins are coming over...if that's okay?" She stated. "Of course." I said, before Ciara, or aunt, could replied. "I'll show you guys your rooms." Maddie said. (http://www.pinterest.com/pin/432204895461374304/) We started up the stairs. I was behind Reece, in cased, she fell or something. "Reece, here's your room." (http://www.pinterest.com/pin/432204895461314074/)

"And, here you are, Ciara." (http://www.pinterest.com/pin/432204895461325592/)

"Claire." (http://www.pinterest.com/pin/237283474090344828/ ) After dropping off my duffle bag, I went to help Reece unpack. "Claire, I don't need your help." She stated, without looking up. "Okay, I'll just keep you company, then." I said, sitting on her bed. I whistled, "Nice room." She smiled, unzipping her bag. Then, she turned serious, "Do you think Ciara's aunt likes me?" I shrugged. "She'll warm up to you, soon. Promise." I stated. Reece sighed, "Hopefully." She started putting her clothes away, while I made a vlog.

Reece and I had moved to the living room, while Ciara and Maddie went grocery shopping. I fucking loved the couch. It was so nice and comfortable. Not to mentions, the blankets so soft and cozy. Reece snuggled farther into my side. Then, the doorbell rang. "I'll get it." She yawned. I passed Reece her crunches. Upon hearing the door open, I also heard two clings and squealing. Then, some sobbing. I went to make sure everything was alright. Reece and an adorable child were hugging each other, crying. While a HOT chick was leaning against the door. "Hi, my name's Claire." I smiled, holding out my hand. She shook it, with a surprisingly strong grip, "I'm Lyric. And, that's Ariel Marie. We're Reece's cousins." Claire couldn't help but grin wider.

"So, you guys aren't wearing that to dinner tonight, right?" Ciara asked. Reece and Claire exchanged looks. "What's wrong with what we're wearing?" Claire asked. "I just really want my family to like you guys. So, you guys need to make a good first impression." Ciara shrugged. "Well…can I borrow your black dress, then?" Reece asked, quietly. Her girlfriend beamed, "Of course! But, you'll need a strapless bra. I'll just run to the store." She picked up her purse and the car keys, "I'll be right back." Claire raised an eyebrow. Thinking back to the only black she had seen, while she was nosing through Ciara's wardrobe, this morning. "You do know Ciara's black dress is short and tight?" She asked. Reece nodded. "It's gonna chilly, tonight, so may I borrowed a cardigan?" She asked, politely. "Sure. Let's go put this outfit together!" Claire waited for her to get up, first. Passing her crutches once she was upright. Before pushing herself up, too.