Chapter 46

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here to witness the burial of Ariel Marie Summers. Loving mother, daughter, sister, and and aunt." The preacher bellowed. Reece mind blocked out the rest, until he started inviting family to speak. First, her brother. Then, Diego. Christen. Alvin. Valentino. When everyone looked at Reece, questionably, Diego just shook his head. As they started to lower Ariel Marie, it hit her daughter hard.

My mother's in there.

Wait, she's dead. My mother is dead. But, she can't be dead. She's suppose to be here. Not dead. The women that gave me life is not longer alive.

Reece let out a high pitched wail. Before, Alvin pulled her into his chest, starting to muttering comforting nothings to her. Everyone realized why Reece hadn't spoken. She hadn't grasped the situation, yet. The moment they lowered

Ariel Marie, everything sunk in. "It's okay." Alvin continued rubbing soothing circles in her back.

Diego sighed, closing the trunk. "Reece took her medicine, right?" Christen asked, for the seventh time. Alvin nodded. "Come on, guys! We have to start leaving." Diego called, hustling everyone into the rental. After they had said their last goodbyes.

The guys are at a red light, depression hanging in the air. Chrissy and Dee are holding hands, while Reece is curled in Valentino's side. He has his arm protectively wrapped around her and Alvin, who rereading The Notebook, again. Then, there's are crash. Tires screeched. Glass broke. The car flips, but keeps getting pushed. When it does stop, it's because of a wall.

Scene changes to a boy crying. He's wailing like a little boy, again. He's wants to reach out to his sister on the surgery table. But his hand merely goes threw hers. "I'm so sorry, April. It's not your time, yet. Please, keep holding. Please." Rector dropped his tear-strained face in the trembling holds of his hands. Though no one could see his tears running streams down his cold face. She's the only one now.